Home

This is why nothing will ever change with the Madden series

This is a discussion on This is why nothing will ever change with the Madden series within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #25
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: This is why nothing will ever change with the Madden series

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
then how do you explain NCAA Basketball & NBA Live making a resurrection and NHL being the top dog this year and one of the best NHL games to ever hit the console. Or what about FIFA?
To be honest I have never played a basketball or soccer game in my life (and I have been gaming for about 30 years), and the last hockey game I played was maybe 5 years ago. I obviously only talked about the franchises that I play: Madden, NCAA Football, MoH, and NFS would be the main ones from EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 04:09 PM   #26
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

When I think a game is good or great I am the first person to start waving it's flag and wanting everybody to know about it. In fact, I am on this same site bragging how great the ps2 versions of NCAA football are. My God, NCAA football 06 and 07 are amazing.

Yet when I feel like I wasted my money on next gen versions of Madden and NCAA then I am going to tell people about it as well.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
And don't forget, we are not dealing with the EA of old, we are dealing with Peter Moore and anybody who has been gaming long enough knows more than enough about his past performance with previous companies. I love the xbox and 360 so I thanked God that he is no longer with them.......until I found out he was going to my beloved EA.

Bingo.

Peter Moore = Mr. "There's no RROD issue"...

Then July rolls around and "Oh Dear, too many RROD's - 3 year warranty extension"...

Then he bails out completely and joins EA.

Not a very good resume IMO.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
then how do you explain NCAA Basketball & NBA Live making a resurrection and NHL being the top dog this year and one of the best NHL games to ever hit the console. Or what about FIFA?
Country,

those games had competition. Madden doesn't.

Now I don't believe EA execs purposely put out a bad game. Of course not.

But the fear is that with Madden's success, execs will be more reluctant to allow changes from Ian and his team that will make the game more realistic. They will want to keep the game arcadey to please the casual fan, which outweighs the hardcore fan by far.

I can imagine even if they put out an ultra-realistic football game there will be outcry from the casuals saying it's too hard.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
Country,

those games had competition. Madden doesn't.

Now I don't believe EA execs purposely put out a bad game. Of course not.

But the fear is that with Madden's success, execs will be more reluctant to allow changes from Ian and his team that will make the game more realistic. They will want to keep the game arcadey to please the casual fan, which outweighs the hardcore fan by far.

I can imagine even if they put out an ultra-realistic football game there will be outcry from the casuals saying it's too hard.
NCAA Basketball doesn't have competition.

But in any event, I was speaking solely with him saying that Peter Moore being at EA will automatically mean that we get subpar games. Nothing more, nothing less.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
there isn't one. You're exactly right.
maybe there is another one.... maybe Peter Moore and the higher ups are great at what they do....and want nothing but the BEST for us football gamers.....but

maybe Tiburon is just a horrible developer... that has to be it, since its not the higher ups fault right.....maybe they just don't know how to develop a proper football simulation..... so it all falls back on Tiburon....lets stop criticizing EA....

maybe so....or maybe not

I personal believe that Tiburon is fine developer because of my experiences with their previous games...... when I purchased my PS2 (in the rain) at midnight when it first released...I got Madden as well (actually I had Madden for 2 weeks but all I could do was stare at the box). Either way I played Madden till 12 noon the next day....everything about that game just seemed perfect... I was in football nirvana....

this continued with Madden 2002 (OMG you mean I could use L1 to swat with my left hand...and use R1 to swat with my Right hand)....I really felt in control with what I was doing...and the game looked better as well

this continued with Madden 2003/04, these were the BEST looking Madden games out.... sure us professionals Madden gamers exploited little glitches in the game for our Tournaments.....but there were so many features.....

then Madden 05 released and it seemed like instead of making the defense smarter on the field...it felt like the offense was a little crippled..... game was still fun tough....

and I loved the Passing Cone.... you could look off safeties and such....

but it just seems like right after EA *fairly* got the exclusive rights to the NFL.... Madden's quality started to fall off....

Madden 09 is a fun game..... it is frustrating sometimes and it might be headed in the right direction.......but unfortunately thats only when you compare it to the previous Maddens, this Gen.....

ps. MLB The Show should have won Sports game of the year....it has everything you would want from a sports simulation.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #31
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
maybe there is another one.... maybe Peter Moore and the higher ups are great at what they do....and want nothing but the BEST for us football gamers.....but

maybe Tiburon is just a horrible developer... that has to be it, since its not the higher ups fault right.....maybe they just don't know how to develop a proper football simulation..... so it all falls back on Tiburon....lets stop criticizing EA....

maybe so....or maybe not

I personal believe that Tiburon is fine developer because of my experiences with their previous games...... when I purchased my PS2 (in the rain) at midnight when it first released...I got Madden as well (actually I had Madden for 2 weeks but all I could do was stare at the box). Either way I played Madden till 12 noon the next day....everything about that game just seemed perfect... I was in football nirvana....

this continued with Madden 2002 (OMG you mean I could use L1 to swat with my left hand...and use R1 to swat with my Right hand)....I really felt in control with what I was doing...and the game looked better as well

this continued with Madden 2003/04, these were the BEST looking Madden games out.... sure us professionals Madden gamers exploited little glitches in the game for our Tournaments.....but there were so many features.....

then Madden 05 released and it seemed like instead of making the defense smarter on the field...it felt like the offense was a little crippled..... game was still fun tough....

and I loved the Passing Cone.... you could look off safeties and such....

but it just seems like right after EA *fairly* got the exclusive rights to the NFL.... Madden's quality started to fall off....

Madden 09 is a fun game..... it is frustrating sometimes and it might be headed in the right direction.......but unfortunately thats only when you compare it to the previous Maddens, this Gen.....

ps. MLB The Show should have won Sports game of the year....it has everything you would want from a sports simulation.
That is very interesting and there might just be a lot of truth in it. We really don't know who is at fault for destroying our beloved Madden, we just know that we want it fixed NOW! It is sometimes fun and amusing to come up with "conspiracy theories" as to who is to blame though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #32
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

It seems that Madden only sucks to the "Sim Ballers", but people who are not looking for a "sim experience" are enjoying the game.
Most everyone who I know that plays Madden could care less about season stats being wrong, dl/ol interaction or whatever else we "sim ballers" complain about.
As long as they can play one of their partners online or in the same room head-to-head and have an enjoyable experience that is all that they care about.
Just because we as "sim ballers" are not getting what we think should be in Madden doesn't mean that it sucks.
There is another world out there besides us "sim ballers" who just want to have fun.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor

Last edited by BIG CAROLINA; 12-10-2008 at 05:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »