Home

In Game Player Interaction

This is a discussion on In Game Player Interaction within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
In Game Player Interaction

The way the players interact with each other (when they do) on the field seems lifeless, and predetermined. They usually mill about the field in the normal simi-robotic like fashion and dont engage each other post play. However, I've noticed players evading each other post play in Madden '09.

Can something be done to make the players interact with each other in a more life-like fashion during plays & post play (after the whistle)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Re: In Game Player Interaction

It won't change this year. Maybe in Madden 10.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #3
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

They help each other stand up. That's rather courteous.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:31 PM   #4
Banned

Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Hopefully the devs are working on this. On the other hand, some situations mysteriously appear out of nowhere and can really surprise you. In a game I recently played, my QB and one of the lineman actually walked up to each other after a botched passed and began to motion like they were having a conversation. Blew my mind. Thats the kind of situation that can immerse you into the game, I love the small details.

Dont know why it doesnt happen more often. So, now we know that things of this nature are coded into the game, but why wont they trigger on a constant basis?
Old 12-13-2008, 03:37 PM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Its seems like the new in-house mo cap suit that Ian showed off a while back would increase the chances of their being an improvement in this area in Madden 2010.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 11:34 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

There was plently of post play player interaction in 07. It makes zero sense to me why they got rid of it
Old 12-14-2008, 01:20 AM   #7
Banned

Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
There was plently of post play player interaction in 07. It makes zero sense to me why they got rid of it
Really? I would have liked to see that. I didn't even purchase 07, from the reviews, the talk floating in the wind, and a funny feeling lol, I came to the conclusion that it was trash and left it alone. I dont understand certain things being in one game and then taken out either. Its like the player entrances from 08, I could've sworn they were going to have that in 09 with an upgrade like showing the players practicing or something, but 09 gets here and they completely took it out
Old 12-14-2008, 03:26 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Really? I would have liked to see that. I didn't even purchase 07, from the reviews, the talk floating in the wind, and a funny feeling lol, I came to the conclusion that it was trash and left it alone. I dont understand certain things being in one game and then taken out either. Its like the player entrances from 08, I could've sworn they were going to have that in 09 with an upgrade like showing the players practicing or something, but 09 gets here and they completely took it out
Well if you have an extra 5 bucks you can check some stuff out in it, im playing it right now after .. 2 years I suppose of not playing it, and im actually love it.

But yeah ... there's stuff like chest bumps, holder for FG's giving the kicker a pat on the back after he makes it, lots of stuff like that.. part of the reason im enjoying it right now

And yeah I thought the 08 entrances were cool, you'd think they'd either bring that back or have something better, but not completely remove entrances altogether.. stuff like that really puzzles me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »