Home

Bring back the late hit personal fouls

This is a discussion on Bring back the late hit personal fouls within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Bring back the late hit personal fouls

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
Not if I'm getting a free 15 out of the deal. The only thing that would concern me is guys getting injured as a result of the late hits. As long as they don't get carried away with that, it would work well.
Say its overtime and your playing defense, its 3rd and 15 and your defense makes the stop short of the first down but one of your guys late hits the offense outta bounds. You weren't controlling that guy either. They get a first down out of it and it puts them in winning FG situation and they win.

Would it bother you that you didn't have control over it and the computer hit the guys outta bounds giving your opponent a first down? Basically costing you the game? I know one play doesn't make the game but right then and there that made a huge difference.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:18 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCummingsFriend
Say its overtime and your playing defense, its 3rd and 15 and your defense makes the stop short of the first down but one of your guys late hits the offense outta bounds. You weren't controlling that guy either. They get a first down out of it and it puts them in winning FG situation and they win.

Would it bother you that you didn't have control over it and the computer hit the guys outta bounds giving your opponent a first down? Basically costing you the game? I know one play doesn't make the game but right then and there that made a huge difference.
Yes, that would bother me. Maybe they could make it so only a human-controlled player can pull off a late hit.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 12-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #35
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

It would bother me in the same way it would if a real player did it in a real game...which is fine, IMO. The only way it would bother me more is if it happened with great frequency by AI teammates or was buggy in some way. Maybe they could tie it to awareness/aggressiveness (I know they don't have aggression, but they should have it or something similar). That way your smarter players are less likely to do it. I really hope they do something with the ratings this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #36
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
What if your computer teammate caused this late hit? Would it frustrate you because you had no control over it? Playing against a human opponent this may be irritating because you don't have any control over it. Just seeing everyone's opinion on this view.
Human opponents are not a big deal for me. I buy Madden for the franchise and until there is an online dynasty/franchise, it does not matter. I like random things occurring so while it may be frustrating, it could also be realistic. Players awareness ratings could play into it as well meaning teams with smart players are less likely to have it happen. It would have to be incorporated properly and occur random and not every game.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:26 PM   #37
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

I would be angry yes, but appreciate the fact that its realistic. And then after the game, I would release the player guilty of the late hit.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I would be angry yes, but appreciate the fact that its realistic. And then after the game, I would release the player guilty of the late hit.
EA could add a new attribute to the player ratings: discipline. Do they get hotheaded during a game? Do they hold up after the QB has released the ball or do they plow into him? It could be based on how a player behaves in real life. If a guy got four or five personal foul penalties in the previous season, make it so that he has a better chance of getting one in a game of Madden.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 12-16-2008, 06:26 PM   #39
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
EA could add a new attribute to the player ratings: discipline. Do they get hotheaded during a game? Do they hold up after the QB has released the ball or do they plow into him? It could be based on how a player behaves in real life. If a guy got four or five personal foul penalties in the previous season, make it so that he has a better chance of getting one in a game of Madden.
excellent idea.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #40
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
This is a nice idea but I think this could be risky, I agree with making it something only a human controlled player committs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »