Home

whats most important?

This is a discussion on whats most important? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Most important aspect for improvment
Franchise 34 25.19%
Gameplay 66 48.89%
Presentation 31 22.96%
Gimmicks 1 0.74%
Online 3 2.22%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: whats most important?

I am a 100% gameplay first kind of guy but I do think that if the franchise was deeper or even was like NCAA09 with online abilities I'd still be playing Madden 09. So although I'd prefer the gameplay to get a big upgrade I voted for Franchise cause it will be the factor that keeps my interest in the game for a longer period of time.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #18

LL-Cool-P's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I've got a three way tie. Franchise, gameplay, and presentation. All have to be good for me to even consider a purchase.
Well I agree, but presentation gets the priority here. Should be more done to make it feel like an actual NFL broadcast.

- Back like I never left -

Old 12-18-2008, 01:11 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackEm
Well I agree, but presentation gets the priority here. Should be more done to make it feel like an actual NFL broadcast.
couldnt have said it better myself
Old 12-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 39

Franchise ,Gameplay and Presentation are all important.

I could care less about online and if gimmics are Madden Cards and Hall of Fame Videos Meh I could care less.

I choose Franchise because Iwant to see a more deep franchise mode in Madden.

The gameplay would be the most important if they hadn't fixed it in 09 but its ok.

Presentation is third in terms of importance.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:13 PM   #21
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Gameplay, far and away. That's the foundation of the game. Great franchise, great online, great everything-else means nothing if the gameplay sucks. On the other hand, a game with serious deficiencies in this area (NHL 09) but has great gameplay gets sports game of the year consideration.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2008, 12:38 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 24

Anybody choosing anything besides gameplay is a _________! And don't ever pick up another videogame controller......ever!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:50 AM   #23

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Anybody choosing anything besides gameplay is a _________! And don't ever pick up another videogame controller......ever!!!!!!
so your way or the highway?

I myself think gameplay is the most important.

But I also think it is extremely ignorant to tell everyone else how they have to feel.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:40 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 17

The funny thing to me is, that while of course I would ultimately love to see the game deep in all the areas. But with that said, I dont actually have a problem with Madden's Franchise or Presentation. I think it has enough of the essentials that it would keep me occupied. The huge problem I see with Madden, and this is the reason I just cant play it anymore...is its shallow core gameplay. That's it in a nutshell.

The game lacks that immersion factor on the field. Players and teams do not demonstrate their own unique styles and characterstics. The tackling and physics engine is underwhelming and simplistic. The animations and player models need more realism and tighter simulated control. The entire core AI engine doesnt cater to playing smart intelligent play calling football that keys in on a team's player strength's and weaknesses.

There is such a lack of realism and gameplay depth to this franchise that really hasnt improved over the years as I expected it to. You could pick up a game from 5 years ago and find the same level of immersion, tactics and strategy in the core gameplay.

This area of the game needs so much work.....People hate it when we constantly draw comparisons to the 2K NFL and All Pro game, but the reality is, that game had that depth...it had that immersion factor. Each play was a battle to either push forward or hold back your opponent. Every play required thought, planning and execution. And the results were also driven by a very realistic relationship between the player's attributes in their profile and the skill level of the player controlling the controller...It was a wonderful balance that required proper execution but also utilization of the right personell.

Madden just doesnt pull this off to the degree that I would expect, some 20 years later since their inception....I've come to expect more by now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »