Home

whats most important?

This is a discussion on whats most important? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Most important aspect for improvment
Franchise 34 25.19%
Gameplay 66 48.89%
Presentation 31 22.96%
Gimmicks 1 0.74%
Online 3 2.22%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2008, 05:40 AM   #41
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: whats most important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL-Cool-P
Lol and let the receivers have the ability to purchase jet-packs.

Lol that had jetpacks in 08

I know really whacky madden cards would be awesome for the casual gamer. And even for those looking for a change and a bit of fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 12

Game play is always the most important. Whats the point of presentation and franchise, if the game isn't fun to play? With the exception of the jukes and the Graphics, EA hasn't made any improvments to the game. The crowd is lifeless, there's no pocket around the QB, the DL/OL interaction is unrealistic and you STILL after the fourth version of Madden on the 360/PS3 have less features than madden on the original Xbox and PS2.

This game is better than 08, but 08 was horrible. If you take a look at the progression of sports titles from console to console, as each new console gets introduced to the public, the sports games become closer reflections of the sports they're trying to simulate. Madden on the other hand has regressed; it's no where near actual NFL football. All EA has done is basically upgrade the grahics and rosters.

I looked at 2k9 and live 09; those games(especially 2k9) reminded me of an actual NBA game. When looking at 2k9 for a nano second on youtube, I actually thought I was watching a video of an actual NBA game on TV. Live had the same presentation and crowd interaction, but the player models IMO weren't as good as 2k9.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:10 PM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78

This game is better than 08, but 08 was horrible. If you take a look at the progression of sports titles from console to console, as each new console gets introduced to the public, the sports games become closer reflections of the sports they're trying to simulate. Madden on the other hand has regressed; it's no where near actual NFL football. All EA has done is basically upgrade the grahics and rosters.

I looked at 2k9 and live 09; those games(especially 2k9) reminded me of an actual NBA game. When looking at 2k9 for a nano second on youtube, I actually thought I was watching a video of an actual NBA game on TV. Live had the same presentation and crowd interaction, but the player models IMO weren't as good as 2k9.
I take it you haven't played the MLB 2K series.

That game has been lacking since they bought the license or before and they have competition from the Sony side.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I take it you haven't played the MLB 2K series.

That game has been lacking since they bought the license or before and they have competition from the Sony side.
Naw, the last baseball video game I played was RBI baseball for the NES. I'm not surprised the MLB 2k series took a dive after 2k lined up the exclusive rights; compitetion is what drives innovation, innovation cost money. If a company anaylzes it's market, and realizes that innovation isn't needed to maintain their profit margins, looking at it from a business stand point, I wouldn't spend any money on innovation if I were them. I'd invest money for innovation on other products. Competition is what creates innovation.

The only way that EA is going to innovate is if we hit them in the pockets and don't buy the game, or buy it used(so gamestop or EB get money not EA).

Last edited by Tito78; 12-24-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:44 PM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
Naw, the last baseball video game I played was RBI baseball for the NES. I'm not surprised the MLB 2k series took a dive after 2k lined up the exclusive rights; compitetion is what drives innovation, innovation cost money. If a company anaylzes it's market, and realizes that innovation isn't needed to maintain their profit margins, looking at it from a business stand point, I wouldn't spend any money on innovation if I were them. I'd invest money for innovation on other products. Competition is what creates innovation.

The only way that EA is going to innovate is if we hit in the pockets and don't buy the game, or buy it used(so gamestop or EB get money not EA).
I don't know if you saw the last part of post, but 2k does have competition from the PS3 end. The Show is 10X better than 2k even with competition on that system.

I'm hoping like others that new leadership for 10 will be a good thing and move things forward for Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »