Home

Wouldn't it be nice if the important rules made it in the game?

This is a discussion on Wouldn't it be nice if the important rules made it in the game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2008, 11:11 PM   #25
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Wouldn't it be nice if the important rules made it in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I would rather them make the Penalties they have now effective. But some penalties would be difficult to make like having a QB passing past the line of scrimmage. They would have to rework the control scheme and that would be hard to justify for a Penalty that seldomly ever happens.
I don't think calling an illegal forward pass would be that hard to implement. It's been done before and they already have a good animation for it currently...lol. It just doesn't get called.

I do agree that the current penalties need to be more realistic. That is one area that no football game has really gotten down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
he was givin him the business
Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I don't think calling an illegal forward pass would be that hard to implement. It's been done before and they already have a good animation for it currently...lol. It just doesn't get called.

I do agree that the current penalties need to be more realistic. That is one area that no football game has really gotten down.
Exactly. All they would need to do for an illegal forward pass is leave the pass icons up for maybe 2 yards past the line, more if you are holding the scramble button then let go.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synkopated
To be honest, I didn't know about the actual clock rules until someone was complaining about Madden. Obviously not everything should be in the game (tuck rule anyone? :P ) but they are missing some key things.

We all have to remember that Madden 2010 will be the first Game Ian has Lead Development over, I honestly think he will solidify the series instead of weighing it down with useless "features".

Every rule in the nfl should be in madden There is no excuse for them not to be
Old 12-18-2008, 11:42 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 23
Cool Re: Wouldn't it be nice if the important rules made it in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blvdboi22
Every rule in the nfl should be in madden There is no excuse for them not to be
Well, in an ideal world yes, but even my insane eye for detail is willing to ignore things like fair catch kicks, aiding the runner, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »