Home

How to disable Cpu long snap?

This is a discussion on How to disable Cpu long snap? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2008, 04:48 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: How to disable Cpu long snap?

I'm sure Ea's casual crowd would be infinitely annoyed with long snap.

THere needs to be a patch to allow quick snap again. Seriously.

An option. Quicksnap 'on', quicksnap 'off'.

In a game with 5 minute quarters. There's 50 plays the cpu runs. Probably 35 passes, 15 runs, and 10 pats, fgs, punts. Imagine the casual gamer, waiting 50 x 10 seconds, thats 500 seconds of waiting. (the clock isn't always running, so you're just waiting for nothing)

A quarter is only 300 seconds long. I make about 5 hot routes each defensive play and they're all done before the CPU is set, so i'm waiting 10 seconds every time.

To me, this is a major problem. ( i think i'll start simming defense from now, even though i enjoy it)
Old 12-26-2008, 04:59 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I'm sure Ea's casual crowd would be infinitely annoyed with long snap.

THere needs to be a patch to allow quick snap again. Seriously.

An option. Quicksnap 'on', quicksnap 'off'.

In a game with 5 minute quarters. There's 50 plays the cpu runs. Probably 35 passes, 15 runs, and 10 pats, fgs, punts. Imagine the casual gamer, waiting 50 x 10 seconds, thats 500 seconds of waiting. (the clock isn't always running, so you're just waiting for nothing)

A quarter is only 300 seconds long. I make about 5 hot routes each defensive play and they're all done before the CPU is set, so i'm waiting 10 seconds every time.

To me, this is a major problem. ( i think i'll start simming defense from now, even though i enjoy it)
Please tell me how you are able to get the cpu to run 50 offensive plays with 5 minute quarters, cause I had trouble getting that with 9 minute quarters.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:06 AM   #19
All Star

35 passes. 15 runs. 10 watevas.

I take really quick on offense. quick snap almost every time, because i hot route before i reach the line.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:48 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 26

This is startin to get sad-- how the f*ck do you people watch actual games if you can't wait 10 friggin seconds during the pre-snap?
Old 12-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
------OR---------

first EA screwed up the snap count by allowing the cpu to snap waaaaaay too quickly......then they had a knee-jerk reaction and provided a quick-fix that causes the CPU to take waaaaaay too long on some plays.....not to mention how stupid it made the CPU 2 min offense.

in short, this is less about complaining consumers and more about EA just letting a silly thing go by during beta (cmon--anyone wanna try and sell me the idea that EA didnt know about the quick snap prior to release?) and then offering a half cocked fix that caused as many issues as it fixed.
Wrong...Sorry dude you are way off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2008, 03:56 PM   #22
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: How to disable Cpu long snap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Wrong...Sorry dude you are way off.

please exlplain. that the long snap was purely EA's fault is indisputable. They saw it in testing (it happened every play) and they addressed it as a problem.

That it now takes too long on many plays is also indisputable, imo. Comparing the time it takes to snap in madden vs the real NFL is irrelevant. A real game has 15 min quarters and EA's standard ranked game is only 5 min quarters. Obviously, the length of time to snap should be quicker than the real NFL since your playing 1/3 of an actual NFL game.

That it caused other issues.....well, if the CPU is down by 3 with 30 seconds to go the CPU will normally go no huddle, sit there for 10 seconds at the line, and then call a timeout. The CPU loses about 1 play for every play it actually runs. If thats not a problem, then please explain why you feel that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 12-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #23
All Star

This 10 second wait thing seriously screws up no huddle for the cpu.

Waiting 10 seconds once isn't that bad. But for 50 plays a game. Thats not cool. I've been accustomed to the cpu quick snap, coz it was always there.

In real life, no team goes to the line with 39 seconds left on the playclock like they do in Madden.

Its always about 10-15 in real life, so waiting 10 seconds in real life makes sense.

THis is a video game. I don't wanna wait 10 seconds while the cpu does nothing. They only start audibling after the 10 seconds is up anyway.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:07 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't know what you guys are talking about but before the patch i had plenty of time to do what i had to do and was never unable to do so. Maybe you guys are just slow and don't know what your doing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »