Home

Question about my Franchise

This is a discussion on Question about my Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question about my Franchise

I'm starting my Steelers franchise and after 3 preseason games I determined I want to make Rashard Mendenhall my starter over Willie Parker.

I was going to keep Willie as my backup but I really want a young big power back to try to create a 1 2 punch other teams have.

I proposed a trade to Oakland but I wanted to get some feedback about it before I did it.

Willie Parker (93 overall) to Oakland for Michael Bush (81 overall)+1st and 5th round draft picks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Question about my Franchise

I have another question about Franchise mode.....

If you edit a players position, say move a player from LT to RT, does it affect their progression in the off season?
Old 12-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

lol
Old 12-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

If you want a good one-two punch why would you trade Willie Parker? First off, I would start Parker, but even if you don't want to do that, keep Parker. Its a nice combination of power (Mendenhall) and speed (Parker) the Steelers got. Don't really understand why you're trying to trade for a worse RB but you're saying you want a better 1-2 punch...
NBA - Detroit Pistons
NCAAF - Michigan Wolverines
NCAAB - Kentucky Wildcats
Old 01-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #5
Rookie

Mendenhall is a better starter then Parker IMO. I like running between the tackles. In short yardage situations I think Bush's power is better than Mendenhall's.

Parker is a good back on the edge but he isn't the type of runner I am looking for and Mendenhall has enough speed to break long ones when needed.

I'm thinking that Oakland is bad and maybe with their first round pick I can draft Wells from OSU. The long term plan is to have Wells, Mendenhall, and Bush

Oh, and I did the trade.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »