Home

Looking to Buy. Is this game really that bad?

This is a discussion on Looking to Buy. Is this game really that bad? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 PM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Looking to Buy. Is this game really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzlikewhoa12
Can i get the draft classes from ncaa 09 onto madden 09 without having the ncaa game? Is this at all possible? Also, how is the A.I. franchise logic when it comes to drafting and signing free agents? Is it realistic?

Yes you can, you just need to download them. I believe someone has draft classes available in the roster forum of this section.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
What exactly is Franchise mode missing since this is so important to me?
my biggest beef is the roster management. Teams will sign players they "don't need' or draft players in the First Round at spots that are filled by stars. Colts a QB, 'Bolts a HB..etc..

The cpu's logic to roster management will leave you scratching your head and asking why too many times to count. Add in the fact that some rooks, not all, come in severely over-rated and its an uphill fight from there.

A frustrating franchise mode and a "boring" game are the two things that eventually wore me down to the point where playing the game was no longer enjoyable.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 28

Foost part Madden 09 is an enjoyable game. The presentation just got me though in the end. I traded it in. But if you just want football and not the expirience? then get it. For me I want to football sim and the feeling of being there in the game.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:24 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

09 is the most fun I've had with Madden in years. I'm in my fourth year, playing all the games, which I think is the deepest I've ever gone. So it's far from unplayable, though it does have its flaws.

I play default All-Pro and Robo QB isn't too bad for me. Completion percentages are probably around 70 percent. A bit high, but not enough to ruin the game.

The two biggest flaws for me, which have already been mentioned here, are the lack of a CPU running game and the CPU's roster logic. I use generated draft classes, and probably half of the first-round picks every season are QBs. And you can forget about drafting a QB after the third round. The CPU will also make some strange decisions in FA. Maurice Jones-Drew has been sitting in the FA pool for two seasons now.

With that said, I've had a lot of fun with Madden this year and don't regret the purchase.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:29 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Can i get the draft classes from ncaa 09 onto madden 09 without having the ncaa game? Is this at all possible? Also, how is the A.I. franchise logic when it comes to drafting and signing free agents? Is it realistic?
Yes you can, but where's the fun in that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 13

Buy NCAA 09 first. If you don't have enough money for both, then that's the one that's more fun. Of course, if you have enough money for both get 'em. Madden, in my opinion, is a lot better if you have NCAA, pertaining to Campus legend->Superstar and the draft classes.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #23
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

I had played both Madden and NCAA 09 enough and the only one I will play again is NCAA 09. The game has better gameplay and AI. It isnt perfect but more enjoyable, and the dynasty is sweet. Madden I hated the running game. I had no problems with running the ball I just didnt like the way it was implimented this year.

In a short while in Madden u will see all there is to see in the game as far as what it offers in animations and lack of presentation. Very Boring, and all the teams play the same.

Get madden 09 for the PS2 or madden 08 for the pc. U can get a 09 roster very easy for it.

So have you decided?
Old 01-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #24
All Star

OVR: 33

ncaa 09 is great. So much atmosphere and is just more fun.

playing with guys in college and seeing how they perform in the pros is pretty cool.

personally i like the pros more than college. So i have to play madden.

if you switch back and forth and following the careers of some players, its pretty cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »