Home

Small favor...looking for 09 "bulletin board material"

This is a discussion on Small favor...looking for 09 "bulletin board material" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Small favor...looking for 09 "bulletin board material"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
I haven't posted anything yet but I think it's time.

Madden is extremely boring to me. I played it for a week and had to put it down. It was a combination of things for me. Presentation wasn't appealing and gameplay was horrible. Robo qb was there, terrible pursuit angles, lack of sliders to fix things with, terrible playcalling. It just got extremely boring to me due to lack of realism. It didn't feel like football at all. Just too many things wrong for me to play and such big things wrong that I stopped noticing the things that it got right. Just start listening to LBZrule and Joborule and things should get better.
You guys really need to re-read Ian's original post, and what he is requesting here....doesn't anyone read anymore??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #42
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
You guys really need to re-read Ian's original post, and what he is requesting here....doesn't anyone read anymore??
Yes I do read. I haven't made a post on that before so I made one then. Sorry if it's a huge issue to you.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 24

Ian, my honest opinion, just pin everything Joborule and The Watcher have posted. If I didn't know better, I'd think THEY were on the Madden team, what with their awesome illustrations and fantastic explanations!

Last edited by Segagendude; 01-03-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:36 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Yes I do read. I haven't made a post on that before so I made one then. Sorry if it's a huge issue to you.
Not a huge deal, but there are 1,000 posts already made (which is what Ian asked for) that say the exact same thing, that you could have pasted, which is what Ian aksed for. Just an observation.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Ian, my honest opinion, just pin everything Joborule and The Watcher have posted. If I didn't know better, I'd think THEY were on the Madden team, what with their awesome illustrations and fantastic explanations!
I agree
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 12:57 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 24

My post turned into an 11,000 view thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Before Future15 calls me a *****, let me preface by saying I bought Madden 09 CE for the PS3 and regular Madden 09 for the 360. I have purchased every version of Madden since 1992.
I am anything but a *****. I loved Madden, football is my favourite sport, I was a Madden online junkie for a long time.
Those days, however, appear to be over.
Why?
A) An incredibly buggy game online and off
B) A game - offline - that in no way resembles real NFL football. When I play the Falcons, I look forward to a challenging run game and trying to contain Michael Turner. What I get instead is a 60-40 pass/run ratio from the start of the game - and no challenge from Turner, despite the fact that my run defence sliders are at absolute zero - which means Turner should break the odd tackle.
C) Playbooks that have no reverses, despite the fact that my team (Philly) uses them throughout the game
D) A game that's virtually unplayable online because everyone plays the same way now - all zone D, every pass under 10 yards, absolutely insipid offensive line blocking.
E) Quarterbacks in the real NFL have some recognition how high they have to throw a football - not in Madden: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/1598456
F) Not existent fatigue ... just because you guys thought you should turn it off because of online cheesers. Thanks a lot.

I enjoyed Madden 08 more than 09. That should never happen.

Madden used to be my #1 choice for gaming, by a wide margin.
Now it's fallen so far down my rotation I'm tempted to trade both versions in.
I used to look forward to every week's game (like Philly vs Atlanta), now I could care less.

Somehow, some way, EA managed to take my love of video football away.

It's a sad day when NBA Live is a better game (by far) than Madden.

Again, feel free to call me a *****. I just want realistic NFL football ... and Madden simply doesn't deliver it.

This guy http://www.operationsports.com/forum...314-post1.html and Gideon Prime have nailed it, but I suspect major surgery is needed before either guys' concerns are addressed.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:22 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 10

I hate posting my own quotes cause Im sure there are millions from Bezo,LBrulez,Joberule,Watcher and others that are way better than mine but with that said this one is my personal favorite cause its from the heart.

Thanks to all that have posted some of mines from other threads it feels good to know that my words are not felt alone and that possible can strike a nerve and cause someone to do something good to make the game we all love the best it can be .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
*Sort of a long read* *Offline play only*

Once upon a time Madden meant sumthing to me. It was a game that I actually craved for. I could not wait to come home from where ever I was to play it. I could easily lose a day in it. Play a complete franchise (or pretty close) in a day. Enjoy playing 4 player co-op franchise's (with a actuall challenge) Make sure to pop it in daily to get that football rush. Couldnt wait to get to the draft to get new players.

To make the long story short, ever since Next Gen consoles Madden has not meant the same to me. Dont get me wrong I still get all worked up getting excited about the release. Checking forume's every day for the new info/screen shot/video. But once I have the game and get used to playing it. I lose interest quickly for some reason. The game is not giving me that thrill / that rush that I used to get. I cant seem to enjoy the game for what it is because theres to many little things that bug me. And those little things end up being big things and it comes to the point of not return (trading it in waiting for next year).

I just cannot get into a game that when I am a average team going up a against a great RB and the cpu can only manage a 17- 36 yards. It bugs the heck out of me. Also I love playing the Safety position and like to play the run, but never ever have to pay the price when I do come up cause the cpu doesnt throw the ball deep. So I say ok Im too good for the cpu at safety cause they cannot run the ball period, or know enough to pass deep on me to keep me back.

So i then say let me play on the D-Line. Maybe without me making so many tackles with the SS the cpu will be able to run the ball...............NOPE! Great Backs still average 15-35 yds if that sometimes.

Theres other things like Vince Young of all people completing 72% of his passes at the end of the year. Its a small thing but C'Mon its not real football. All %'s are way to high.

Its sad to say this but the CPU AI was smarter in the last gen years (PS2/XBox). If you was out of position u would have to pay for your mistake. Playing against a Randy Moss or T.O. would actually be a challenge. A star back would be able to break 100 once in a while against you. Franchise mode was actually fun (seems so boring now).

Madden needs to rethink the speed = a great madden team. And start making teams that play physical and can pound u better. My 49er defense in real life really aint that good but in madden it seems like they are gods because of their speed. Brandan Jacobs should kill me up the middle. But in Madden he cant cause my speedy D gets there to quickly. And even if some way he did It wouldnt matter if I put 9 guys in the box cause the cpu is to dumb to go deep on me. Big Backs need some love cause they win games and carry the load. Not that scatbacks dont but in madden Im 100% that most would prefer the 99 speed back over the 99 trucking back. There needs to be more of a struggle to take down power backs. Force us to put more in the box. Or watch out on the edges for fast backs. Every game needs to be different from the last.

Playing the Saints should feel way different then playing the Titans. In Madden I dont feel that difference at all. From any team. You dont have to gameplan any differently for any team. The Chess game is gone. And thats what football is all about. A 5-6 db package should not stop the run the ways ist does in Madden (due to speed).

I am a realistic stat hound so theres a few things that really bug me but I could even overlook them if the game just played good enough when I was actually playing it. The game is pretty good but theres just too many things within the game that makes me cringe when playing it.

CPU Sliders would have helped alot. (But only if they really worked) Like if I max the CPU RB sliders make them run really smart (not just break a million tackles) Find the holes quicker/ get the smart 3-4 sometimes instead of juking there way into a 4-5 yd loss. The QB pass slider needs to work to a point where if you set it high/low you see a BIG difference in completion %'s. Int sliders at 0 should mean less ints.

I could go on forever I suppose but I'd like to see others takes on this GEN from last (in a CPU AI comparing) Do you feel that it has gotten worst/better? And Im sure alot enjoy the game for what it is but does it keep you coming back for more? (Franchisers only) Cause im sure online gamers enjoy the game more but I'm not much a madden onlin gamer. Prefer the Franchise/ Co-op Franchise route.

I long for the day a football game resembles football. When you have to play the Colts and your worried about all Mannings weapons and bring out the 5-6 db package and then Addia runs all over you. Forcing you to change your strategy. (Real football)

Last edited by kmart2180; 01-04-2009 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:45 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 28

wookie48******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2038910917", true);
MVP

OVR: 26

******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("gamertagmenu_2038910917", true);

What presentaion aspects do you want to see in Madden 2010?

Ok this thread is kinda piggy backing the animation thread but is equally important. I didnt want one thread to have a whole bunch a clutter to it but rahter specific contribution ideas to madden. What Presentaion aspects would you like to see in Madden 2010? State specific instances and implementation ideas.

1. For me the atmosphere of NFL is a high energy feeling. I know when I go to a game the atmosphere and energy is so high the hair on the back of my neck stand up. So new game intro with pregame cutscenes and high intensity atmospehere feeling.

2. I would like a new stat overlay as well as commentary getting more involed in the situational events in the game involving certain players.

3. Cutscenes and aniamtions that involve the different emotions of the game. Like a players joy when making a big play or the players joy when his mistake cost the team. Coaches getting upset and my favorite, the mean streaks that players have against each other. Jaw jackin and pushin and that sort of thing.

4. Other than that player models need to be tightened up to look more like athletes with the shoulder pads and gear, as well as gameplay of course needs a huge boost.

State here and be constuctive

Sorry, didnt do the proper quote copy deal. Hope this is good.

Last edited by wookie48; 01-04-2009 at 01:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »