Home

Playoff Atomosphere (Electric!!)

This is a discussion on Playoff Atomosphere (Electric!!) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #9
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Playoff Atomosphere (Electric!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Agreed. I'm watching all of them with my laptop right next to me taking notes. 'Electric' is a great word to describe it.

Any early predictions on this Colts / Chargers game? Looking quite evenly matched so far. I'm gonna have to say I believe a certain fellow UT Volunteer (who happens to play QB) will pull it out tonight.
I think the NCAA team did a good job of capturing atmosphere this year. Maybe they could give a few pointers as well.

But what I really want is an option to tweak it. On one end make it docile, and on the other, make the crowd go ape crap.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud
I would like to see something like this, and to build on it you could hear your coach in your helmet calling out the play and telling you which is the Mike Backer etc etc, plus the louder the stadium the harder it is to hear the pertinent info.

Although I don't think that would translate well to the casual football fan who might not know what a mike backer is.
You read my mind brother! I was just thinking the same thing. This option would be more toward the Sim gamer. I was also thinking as you got the play in from the coach you would only be allowed to pick your protection/play after you have gotten the call from the sidelines along with the identification of the Mike backer!! The potential for blown assignments and false starts should increase as the crowd intensity and pressure amplifies!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #11
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
When NCAA implemented this I absolutely loved how it took time to get audibles through to everyone on the offense and even then you encountered an occasional "bust" by an offensive player every now and then. I'm a firm believer that the home crowd should have an impact on playoff games. That is why every team fights for home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
I agree. I think NCAA did a great job capturing the home-field advantage. It wasn't too gimmicky, but it still executed as far as the immersion. I don't know why Madden didn't move forward with maybe an altered version of this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
You read my mind brother! I was just thinking the same thing. This option would be more toward the Sim gamer. I was also thinking as you got the play in from the coach you would only be allowed to pick your protection/play after you have gotten the call from the sidelines along with the identification of the Mike backer!! The potential for blown assignments and false starts should increase as the crowd intensity and pressure amplifies!

We are definitely on the same page. This could also work for defense as well. The crowd noise would not be a factor but if your going against a P. Manning you better hope the correct play is called in your ear and hope you can make adjustments to his adjustments.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by csujd
We are definitely on the same page. This could also work for defense as well. The crowd noise would not be a factor but if your going against a P. Manning you better hope the correct play is called in your ear and hope you can make adjustments to his adjustments.
Exactly..the days of just audibling and everyone knowing the call should be over. Whoever makes the audible call should have to fight to get the calls out to everyone else to make sure the respective offensive or defensiver unit is on the same page. This would do away with guys coming to the line audibling 4-5 times on a particular play. That's not real football.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #14
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Smile Re: Playoff Atomosphere (Electric!!)

Damn Ian is really serious about his job. The brother is watching a playoff game and taking notes. Now thats a brother who is determined to succeed.

Good Luck with everything. I know many feel it may not happen cause there is so much that needs to be done (including me), but I want nothing more than for you to prove me 100% percent wrong. Hey If im wrong I actually win.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Damn Ian is really serious about his job. The brother is watching a playoff game and taking notes. Now thats a brother who is determined to succeed.

Good Luck with everything. I know many feel it may not happen cause there is so much that needs to be done (including me), but I want nothing more than for you to prove me 100% percent wrong. Hey If im wrong I actually win.
Oh yeah Ian is definitely on his grind!! He is serious about making Madden 10 a top notch game!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #16
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Bringing out for the chain gang to measure late in the game should draw a huge reaction from the crowd during playoff games

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »