Home

How close is Madden to team play?

This is a discussion on How close is Madden to team play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
How close is Madden to team play?

Considering the NFL is my favorite sport to play, I have always wondered what it would be like to play 11 on 11 football even before EA introduced the popular "team play mode".

Obviously there are complications, like how much lag you are going to get when you put that many connections together. But it obviously isn't that out of the question, considering how games like Battlefield can run with 24 and be fine.

Honestly I see this becoming a big part of the next generation in systems. Every position would be important, and it would be considered a great team effort to win games online.

For the most part, the positions could be played like Superstar mode. Except much more complex. I would assume you would have to re-tool OL-DL interaction before doing this, but thats been talked about and will probably be in Madden 10.

If this mode was done correctly, the game would definitely be a blast to play. Imagine playing as a WR and trying to get off a jam by the human controlled corner. Or just making a nasty move for a huge touchdown.

Also, you could make it a 24 player game as well, with two of the people being coaches and calling plays.

Obviously there is a lot of things that need to be done to make this mode work well. I am just curious on what you guys think, and when Madden will make its move towards team play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #2
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: How close is Madden to team play?

Make the Gameplay and Franchise excellent then focus on team play.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Getting that many people to actually all know how to play, be willing to play the non-skill positions, not cheese/intentionally ruin the game by losing or exploiting glitches, without a unified server host and amazing netcode is nearly impossible.

It is possible in the distant future, but I do not see it as a potential feature within the next five years. They still don't have the basic features down yet.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Cool idea but I think it would be chaos. Specially if you get the few boneheads who play O-line and decide to go A-Wall and let there guys in.

But I would much rather see (FIRST) the ability to invite a few of your buddy's to play on the same team as you in a franchise mode. So someone can be the qb, another the RB, ect...... This is something I still currently do with a few uncles and a bro-in-law. But we create ourselves on defense and battle for most tackles in a season or DMVP/probowls/ect......LOTS of FUN if the game was fun to play.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #5
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Cool idea but I think it would be chaos. Specially if you get the few boneheads who play O-line and decide to go A-Wall and let there guys in.

But I would much rather see (FIRST) the ability to invite a few of your buddy's to play on the same team as you in a franchise mode. So someone can be the qb, another the RB, ect...... This is something I still currently do with a few uncles and a bro-in-law. But we create ourselves on defense and battle for most tackles in a season or DMVP/probowls/ect......LOTS of FUN if the game was fun to play.
The skill positions would definitely be fun to play if interactions were done correctly. Playing as Madden is right now, with a human controll wr and corner would be pretty boring. There would need to be realistic jams, and cuts you could do to make the mode realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

That would be nice, i would play free safety. But i don't see it happening till maybe next gen.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:32 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

EA can barely support 3 people playing (NHL/FIFA) together, how would they do 22?
NHL - New Jersey Devils
Old 01-04-2009, 01:33 AM   #8
EA Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus
EA can barely support 3 people playing (NHL/FIFA) together, how would they do 22?
In my experiences with NHL and NBA, EA does 10 perfectly fine. I rarely have lag during a game of nba live/nhl over xbox live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »