Home

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

This is a discussion on Winner winner, chicken dinner! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #33
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Community interaction is a major thing.
Agree 100%

I believe it to be the only real chance we have to influence future Madden games.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 12

The ratio of snide comments to congratulatory comments is amusing. They should make a most abused award.

Congratulations guys.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #35
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven123
I see interaction, I just hope it actually goes into the game...
Amen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 02:46 AM   #36
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Damn brothers need to chill some. I think we already expressed our dislike with madden. Now its time to sit back and see what happens. This whole thing about expressing whats wrong with Madden is tired already. We have been doing it for some time already. Lets wait and see if the game is going to be good or bad, and if Madden sucks its done. We have to just leave it alone already.

Ian comes in to show us the award, and says thxs you to those that voted. He obviously appreciates the award, and states this is going to be a special year. To me that also tells me that he appreciates us, and values our thoughts.

Most of us including myself expressed how much we hated the game, but it comes a time to let the brother breath and give him a chance to show us what Madden 2010 is going to deliver.

I really appreciate the fact that Ian and Phil didnt just say freak OS forums ,cause its just annoying hearing all that negativity, and is in here focusing on the positives that come from some very intelligent and creative brothers. They also reconized that. Now its time to chill act like adults , and either support them till Madden 2010 ships, or just sit back nice and quiet and wait.

Congrats Ian and Phil and Good Luck.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #37
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL

I really appreciate the fact that Ian and Phil didnt just say freak OS forums ,cause its just annoying hearing all that negativity, and is in here focusing on the positives that come from some very intelligent and creative brothers. They also reconized that. Now its time to chill act like adults , and either support them till Madden 2010 ships, or just sit back nice and quiet and wait.
It needs to also be said that there were many times their own comments brought a lot of the negativity on themselves, whether it was questionable programming choices they tried to explain, their own lofty views about the state of the game early in the process, or the early statements that were made that could be construed as misplaced arrogance given the exclusivity situation. It's good that they persevered and I think they deserve this newly created award this year myself. But it can also be argued that their presence is almost a necessity given the popularity of NFL Football, the exclusivity situation, and the state of Madden football. To my knowledge the 989 team with MLB the Show has interacted with the community a lot but they're producing a much higher quality game so there's a certain dynamic that I don't think is taken into account.

There's a ton of legitimate frustration about the lack of progress Tiburon has made with the game. In 5yrs Madden's gone from being a game that moved hardware to being a game where it probably doesn't deserve to be on the yearly disappointment lists because the expectation of many people is the game will be disappointing. So that's a hole they dug for themselves. I'm sure 2010 will be an improvement; if that improvement will be enough... we'll see.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I'm totally stoked to see the hard work has been recognized!

http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=786

Thanks to all who voted...this is going to be one special year!
LOL
Old 01-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 21

I'm glad that Ian and Phil had the good sense not to make a similar post gloating how Madden 09 won OS' Football Game of the Year award. What a joke that was.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #40
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Damn brothers need to chill some. I think we already expressed our dislike with madden. Now its time to sit back and see what happens. This whole thing about expressing whats wrong with Madden is tired already. We have been doing it for some time already. Lets wait and see if the game is going to be good or bad, and if Madden sucks its done. We have to just leave it alone already.

Ian comes in to show us the award, and says thxs you to those that voted. He obviously appreciates the award, and states this is going to be a special year. To me that also tells me that he appreciates us, and values our thoughts.

Most of us including myself expressed how much we hated the game, but it comes a time to let the brother breath and give him a chance to show us what Madden 2010 is going to deliver.

Congrats Ian and Phil and Good Luck.
I see where you are coming from 100%. I too appreciate this effort (be it a token effort or not) to communicate with this OS community and sincerely hope it will do some good because we all know the game needs it.

However, if the game were not so pitiful year after year, or they went this "community" route earlier, they could have gloated about this years ago and we would have a quality game now... IMO, this is the "finally acting as if you care" award.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »