Home

Madden 07?? You Betcha!!

This is a discussion on Madden 07?? You Betcha!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2009, 12:45 PM   #9
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 07?? You Betcha!!

I really like the views from certain points of the stadium,I cant comment on 09,but 07 is way better then 08,maybe because of the tighter controls.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 18

I don't remember much about this edition for some reason. I'll have to try it again on the PS3 since its hooked up to my better television.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #11
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm sorry, I am going to have to disagree.

The player models in Madden 07 were just awful, everyone looks as if they were jacked up on steroids. Not to mention the players moved like robots, and the gameplay felt awkward and stiff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 27

I think we just got a little example of how having control settings would really help.

Some folks like a tight control feel:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge380
I really like the views from certain points of the stadium,I cant comment on 09,but 07 is way better then 08,maybe because of the tighter controls.

...Some prefer a looser control feel:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
...and the gameplay felt awkward and stiff.
Now, I can't argue against 07's animation set having clunkiness, but what stands out for those who want tighter controls is the feel of tightness in '07 which 08 and 09 don't have.

For even greater examples of tightness, check out NBA Live 09 and FIFA 09 (FIFA especially). These two games are prime examples of where tightness and fluidity meet.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 01-07-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:16 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I think we just got a little example of how having control settings would really help.

Some folks like a tight control feel:

...Some prefer a looser control feel:

Now, I can't argue against 07's animation set having clunkiness, but what stands out for those who want tighter controls is the feel of tightness in '07 which 08 and 09 don't have.

For even greater examples of tightness, check out NBA Live 09 and FIFA 09 (FIFA especially). These two games are prime examples of where tightness and fluidity meet.
Reading this thread has me interested in trying 07' again just for the heck of it.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:23 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 27

I originally updated my rosters on that game just in case Madden '08 sucked... and it did, lol.

The biggest draws for me with 07 are the tightness feel, the cutscenes, the lighting, and of course the graphic detail.

The game has lots of little issues, but they seem like they could've been worked out.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I originally updated my rosters on that game just in case Madden '08 sucked... and it did, lol.

The biggest draws for me with 07 are the tightness feel, the cutscenes, the lighting, and of course the graphic detail.

The game has lots of little issues, but they seem like they could've been worked out.
Do you occasionally still play 07 and anything else it does better than the previous two?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #16
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
I'm sorry, I am going to have to disagree.

The player models in Madden 07 were just awful, everyone looks as if they were jacked up on steroids. Not to mention the players moved like robots, and the gameplay felt awkward and stiff.
John Kasay is ripped on that game lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »