Home

Who's to Blame for Cheese Play?

This is a discussion on Who's to Blame for Cheese Play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #25
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14
Re: Who's to Blame for Cheese Play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
short answer - people that buy the game. if you were wondering, the long answer is exactly the same. you'll never rid the world of people looking to exploit something for their own personal gain.
So wouldn't you agree that if the developers can step it up enough that these money plays wouldn't be so easy to be pulled off? If that was the case, players wouldn't attempt money plays/moves, if their in the game, because their so tough to pull off properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #26
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
No scrambling out of the pocket, tap sprint and your pass is never completed.

That removes 80% of cheesing already.
Then the game is not sim. Qb's throw on the run all the time. qb's like jeff garcis are better outside the pocket
Old 01-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #27
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

See APF, they do a much better job than madden with cheese.

It is still there however
Old 01-11-2009, 05:55 PM   #28
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie brown23
Then the game is not sim. Qb's throw on the run all the time. qb's like jeff garcis are better outside the pocket

I'd rather have jeff garcia and his 2 or 3 other buddies that suck, then have 29 of the other Quarterbacks be ridiculous when throwing on the run.

I'm sure Jeff Garcia, Mcnabb, Romo are pretty good on the run. But should the other 29 dudes be?

Seems like an imbalance there.

My Peyton Manning is magnificent on the run!? Same with Tom Brady. In the game, they are the two most accurate qbs, in the pocket and on the run.

Why? So jeff garcia can throw on the run in real life, its neccessitated in Madden.

Throwing on the run accurary (THAotR) and (THPotR) should be stats that effect throwing on the run. If you want throwing when sprinting at all.

SO its more sim that everyone can throw perfect 50 yards strikes on the sprint (not just on the run)... I don't think so. I believe this is far less sim.

I know when anyone is running at 100% speed, even jeff garcia can't hit that dude 50 yards downfield.

Its the lesser of two evils.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #29
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I'd rather have jeff garcia and his 2 or 3 other buddies that suck, then have 29 of the other Quarterbacks be ridiculous when throwing on the run.

I'm sure Jeff Garcia, Mcnabb, Romo are pretty good on the run. But should the other 29 dudes be?

Seems like an imbalance there.

My Peyton Manning is magnificent on the run!? Same with Tom Brady. In the game, they are the two most accurate qbs, in the pocket and on the run.

Why? So jeff garcia can throw on the run in real life, its neccessitated in Madden.

Throwing on the run accurary (THAotR) and (THPotR) should be stats that effect throwing on the run. If you want throwing when sprinting at all.

SO its more sim that everyone can throw perfect 50 yards strikes on the sprint (not just on the run)... I don't think so. I believe this is far less sim.

I know when anyone is running at 100% speed, even jeff garcia can't hit that dude 50 yards downfield.

Its the lesser of two evils.
The deep ball is the lowest completed pass in football and for obvious reason. Now this is even when a qb is set in the pocket. Its not a easy pass to complete, so doing it on the run should be very very very tuff. Only a handful should be able to do it some of the time.

Now if the wr is wide open then the chances should increase by the amount of force you put into the throw. I know I wont put to much force into the throw Ill just want it in the general area of the wr and he should be able to get it since he is wide open. That im cool with.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #30
All Star

OVR: 33

I actually complete a lot of deep balls against single coverage. About 50%. Although, I user catch all of em.

you don't stand a chance if you let the db's jump over your wr that doens't.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 32

If Madden had more mice then cheese might be eliminated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie brown23
You should be able to throw on the run; however, you shouldn't be able to throw while sprinting. QBs throw on the run, but they're not sprinting. Ian should take a page out of 2k8's book and make the passing icons dissappear when the QB is sprinting. QB's also shouldn't be able to throw the ball 50 yards while rolling out of the pocket.

Last edited by Tito78; 01-12-2009 at 03:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »