Home

Chris Collinsworth???

This is a discussion on Chris Collinsworth??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Chris Collinsworth???

Collinsworth is great imo.

But we need players names.

I don't want to hear 'and... he.. catches ... it'

I want to hear 'FITZGERALD WITH A CIRCUS CATCH!!!!' 'Larry Fitzgerald is unbelievable when the ball is at its highest point'.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #18
Rookie

jwired21's Arena

OVR: 5

As a person that does not like Collinsworth one bit, I thought he did a great job in the game. He needs more lines though, because I heard some of the same things over and over...."Tightends are like pacifiers for babies." I want to puke when I here that. What I didnt like was the fact there was really no talking between the two men. And Hammonds put me to sleep. Also on a big play, SHOW SOME EMOTION!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 39

Doesnt matter who is the best. I could listen to Ben Stien call the game if there was enough recordings to keep it fresh and me interested.

This is an area where quantitiy matters for 90%.

Bueller....Bueller....
Old 01-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #20
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

1. He's ok i guess.
2. I remember Pat Summerall and john Madden when Madden first came out on PS2. This duo was great doing NFC games back in the 90's.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:46 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
we are all working with EA on the next installment of madden. Now one of the subjects we are looking for improvement is the commentary.

Can you please respond to 2 things.

1.What are your thoughts on Chirs Collinsworth being a commentator?

2.Which Football game had the best commentary and Why?
1. I think Collinsworth is outstanding. He really sounds the way a real-life color guy sounds during a live broadcast.

2. I have to break this one down some:

*Brad Nessler is in my opinion, the best video game play-by-play guy ever. There is basically no difference between how he speaks in real life and how he is in the game. That's the kind of play-by-play Madden needs. Consistent, knows when to use emotion and when not to. Has a crisp, interested voice. Nessler is spectacular. He's so good that he makes you ignore how poorly Herbstreit and Corso are reading their lines, lol.

*If you wanna talk depth and interaction, then Dan and Peter from the 2K series wins hands down. It's not even a contest. I never liked their overly-bubbly personalities as it becomes annoying as hell after a while, but the fact that they have so many lines and you hear new ones all the time even after playing the game for years is very impressive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
1. I think Collinsworth is outstanding. He really sounds the way a real-life color guy sounds during a live broadcast.

2. I have to break this one down some:

*Brad Nessler is in my opinion, the best video game play-by-play guy ever. There is basically no difference between how he speaks in real life and how he is in the game. That's the kind of play-by-play Madden needs. Consistent, knows when to use emotion and when not to. Has a crisp, interested voice. Nessler is spectacular. He's so good that he makes you ignore how poorly Herbstreit and Corso are reading their lines, lol.

*If you wanna talk depth and interaction, then Dan and Peter from the 2K series wins hands down. It's not even a contest. I never liked their overly-bubbly personalities as it becomes annoying as hell after a while, but the fact that they have so many lines and you hear new ones all the time even after playing the game for years is very impressive.
Agreed. It is what is sorely missing in Madden....for those that hated Madden and Summeral, they at least gave the impression that they were interacting a little. This years play-by-play commentary felt SO mundane and lifeless that I almost fell asleep playing the game.

Collinsworth was really good, or at least EQUAL to what he does in real-life, so it felt authentic even if you don't care for the guy. But the lack of interaction between the two, plus the rarity of calling players names kept it from being even slightly immersive, IMO.

Last edited by MJenness; 01-11-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 17

Bring back Pat Summerall.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #24
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

I'd replace Hammond with Jim Nantz.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »