Home

Is Madden 2010 Going to Deliver???

This is a discussion on Is Madden 2010 Going to Deliver??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Is Madden 2010 Going to Deliver???

We could deliberate all day about the various upgrades that Madden SHOULD have...but the bottom line is this: Will Madden 2010 deliver the goods? I have been playing Madden since 93' and I converted to 2K5 when Madden Next-Gen failed to deliver. I get tired of hearing "Oh maybe we will think about adding that next year...blah blah blah" LOL I really hope Ian and Phil (along with the whole Madden 2010 Team) come through. What do you all think? Will Madden deliver the game we have been waiting for with PRESENTATION, GOOD AI, and GREAT GAME MODEs (aka greatest moments etc., MADDEN Training Academy ala nba live etc.) Thoughts please!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Is Madden 2010 Going to Deliver???

Yes it will.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I can assure you that it won't add everything that everyone wants, because each one of us wants different things.

I think it's safe to say Ian and Phil have it going in the right direction.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Icon14 Re: Is Madden 2010 Going to Deliver???

I don't want Madden 2010 to be 09' repackaged with a only a few cheap add-ons. I REALLY want them to deliver
Old 01-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

I think it will. There is so much time left for them to add/remove things. I think this game can be great with the community involvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

When you say deliver? That can mean different things to different people. What does that mean to you?

To me if Madden 2010 delivers that means I will stop comparing it to NFL 2k5 and previous Madden games on last gen.

It means that Ian and Phil and the rest of the team have taken great care in all the major departments such as Gameplay, Presentation, Franchise mode.

If what I just said above happens, then yes I would say Madden 2010 would deliver, if they fail in any of those three major catagories, IMO, then no it will suck just like the rest of the Next Gen Madden games.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Often, people here (not in this thread specifically) are quick to say what can/can't be accomplished within one year's time. However, once I read the below from Cummings, it provided a little hope for what can be accomplished in Madden 2010:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
...as I've been working on the planning process for 2010, I honestly don't think that the one year cycle is truly the biggest issue, nor has it been. It's tough to make MASSIVE changes obviously, but IMO, it's all about design direction - the last 3 years of design direction (I don't count 06) haven't melded with what you all really want out of Madden. The good news is that the Madden 2010 design team follows a design direction that is MUCH closer to yours. We definitely shook things up a bit - there isn't a single designer on my team that was on the 07, 08, or 09 teams.
With that said, I do think Madden 2010 will deliver. Will it be the end all, be all? I'm not so sure, but we'll know in a few months once the features and vids start to roll out.

Last edited by RGiles36; 01-12-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

Im expecting big things for Madden 10, but hoepully the baby steps to making the gameplay/ai better are what we see first with Madden 10. I am expecting a great game of football to be played first and formost. After that to me is icing on top of the cake.

But we must not expect Madden 10 to be the greatest thing to man because they have alot to fix as we all should know by now. And the chance's of everything getting done in 1 year is slim to none. ( There's just not enough time to add everything to make the game great). But I hope/pray the fundementals of football are taken care of. Before all the gimmic's are added.

This is how I see it Madden 10-12 will be the 2003-2005 (current gen) process. Where the games started to get really good. But I expect 2011 -2012 to really be the dominate years because Ian will be in his 2nd-3rd year which is usually when the good stuff really happens.

So as happy as I am waiting for Madden 10 I also understand that it is going to take 2-3 years to get it to where we want it to be and maybe beyond. So I am hoping for the basics of football to be done extremely well so that it sets up for bigger/better things for 2011.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »