Home

Ian, please penalize the QB for throwing when his feet aren't set.

This is a discussion on Ian, please penalize the QB for throwing when his feet aren't set. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #33

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Ian, please penalize the QB for throwing when his feet aren't set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Because jay cutler can do it, it should be included in the game?

lets reward the other 31 qbs who can't so cutler can have his way!
i thought the point of the game was realistic??

couldn't there be an attribute that allows some QB's to do this better than others?

so yes, if Jay Cutler can do it IRL, he should be able to do it in the game. I'm sure there are other quarterback who can throw across their body as well, I just don't watch enough of other games to know who.

and on a side note, I was never making a point about whether or not it should be in the game. He said it is impossible to do, and I simply said Jay Cutler does it very well.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:51 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I don't normally post over here, but a discussion like this just underscores even more the need to rethink the way attributes are given and interpreted. I'm an APF junkie, and while that game is not perfect, I really do think that the way they did the signature abilities makes a lot of sense.

So some quarterbacks have "scrambler" and are capable of throwing on the run. Those without the ability aren't nearly as good. Some quarterbacks have "rocket arm" and can launch the ball. Those without it get less velocity and distance.

To me, a system like this would eliminate the problem. Not every QB has to be able to throw on the run or throw far in order for the ability to do so to be in the game.

Anyway, just my .02, but I think the days of 87 being a meaningful rating have passed with the innovation that APF introduced. Even if that game never resurfaces, I think it introduced one of the next steps in the evolution of football games.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Because jay cutler can do it, it should be included in the game?

lets reward the other 31 qbs who can't so cutler can have his way!
Uhh, Ben Roethlisberger?

He makes good throws on the run, falling down, across his body...

Not every time, but more than any other QB in the league.

If EVERY QB in Madden is only good throwing when their feet are set, the game will suck.

Im not saying they should throw just as good on the run, but there should be a THROW ON RUN or UNBALANCED THROW rating that all QBs should have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #36
All Star

OVR: 33

My bad.

30 other qbs. Heck i'll just say 90 out of the 120 other qbs in the league cant do it.

If EVERY QB in Madden is good throwing when their feet aren't set, the game sucks.

If we were to have qbs that could throw on the run and wildly across their bodies, I would gladly welcome new ratings to reflect this aspect of the passing game. But if they refuse to add new ratings, I would much rather have every qb have their feet set when throwing the ball.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
EA shouldn't force the QB to complete his drop before throwing. They should penalize the QB for not completing his drop prior to throwing; the pass should sail, it shouldn't have enough zip on it.
I am mostly talking about the CPU not being able to throw until they actually take a real drop. I do agree that the pass should be penalized instead of just not working. But there are instances where QB's see a blitz coming and can't do anything but eat it. Currently there is none of that in EA football games.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Jay Cutler would disagree with you.
show me a video of any QB throwing the ball across their body 50 yards down field.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Uhh, Ben Roethlisberger?

He makes good throws on the run, falling down, across his body...

Not every time, but more than any other QB in the league.

If EVERY QB in Madden is only good throwing when their feet are set, the game will suck.

Im not saying they should throw just as good on the run, but there should be a THROW ON RUN or UNBALANCED THROW rating that all QBs should have.
Big Ben makes plays while throwing on the run, but he doesn't throw the ball accurately down the field while sprinting or across his body on a consistent basis.Mechanics are very important to a QB; that's why pressure can make future HOF QBs look very average. In madden that's not the case; QBs don't have to set their feet, they can sprint at full speed and still throw lasers all over the field.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #40
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
show me a video of any QB throwing the ball across their body 50 yards down field.
show me too please...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »