Home

The "Lost Mocap" thread

This is a discussion on The "Lost Mocap" thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #9
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The "Lost Mocap" thread

Yes add as many as you can, I like it.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 01-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Some may say this is goofey or not necessary ... however, being that I'm a Bengals fan (yes, sadly it's true) and a season ticket holder -- I see this type of behavior at every game!

So this in essence is authentic football -- so to speak. If you can add that and have those reaction intelligently react to what is happening on the game -- I say put it in! However, if it would be used randomly then I would say not to have it in the game. Intelligent reactions from the fans AND players would be a great addition to the game.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:38 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

watching this is bringing the memories of the good old days with Madden 05
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #12
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Yes!! Finally Drunk Fans In madden!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 12

I hate to pee on everyones cornflakes & I know how this may come off but its these sort of things that make Madden fans wonder about what's is EA's true perception about how their game is being received by hardcore fans who value gameplay and the chess game of football.

Now I understand that every workplace has to let go and have fun and I'm sure this is all thats going on but with the level of dissatisfaction and every other poster describing how boring and mundane Madden is if I were and employee @ Tiburon I wouldn't want these sorts of videos leaking out or being made public. While I'm appreciative of Ian sharing I still must wonder does he really understand how many people are concerned and almost at the brink of never buying the game again until the dev team changes or a clear noticebale change in the game is seen?

Not to be an *** but I'm sure there are many people like me who would much rather see some meaningful mocap or gameplay, developmental material that will alllow this community to directly impact the quality of the game. These same people see this and have to be thinking "No wonder Madden tackling animations etc. stink because they are doing all this jacking around"...Now in my heart of hearts I don't think they merely jack around at Tiburon and I know they take their job seriiously but its the PERCEPTION that something like this can give Madden fans more fuel for their fire as to why this game continues to NOT deliver.

I'm a huge Madden fan and I really want this game to deliver buty I only want to see the hijinks when we have a game that is exciting, fresh and reaking of solid gameplay. Sorry if this came off the wrong way...Peace
Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #14
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
I'm confused as to why this was always considered "lost." I thought you had some high priced NFL star to come in and give exclusive football techniques. Really, how hard is it to replicate four drunken idiots at a football game?

Personally, I think the shots are okay, a little silly, but if you want to appeal to the "casual fan" then please do it with things like this and not the gameplay. Thanks.
lol....thats the spirit. Never let a chance to be cynical go by...lol

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #15

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

ummm that was taken in June of 2004...take it easy

geez...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
I hate to pee on everyones cornflakes & I know how this may come off but its these sort of things that make Madden fans wonder about what's is EA's true perception about how their game is being received by hardcore fans who value gameplay and the chess game of football.

Now I understand that every workplace has to let go and have fun and I'm sure this is all thats going on but with the level of dissatisfaction and every other poster describing how boring and mundane Madden is if I were and employee @ Tiburon I wouldn't want these sorts of videos leaking out or being made public. While I'm appreciative of Ian sharing I still must wonder does he really understand how many people are concerned and almost at the brink of never buying the game again until the dev team changes or a clear noticebale change in the game is seen?

Not to be an *** but I'm sure there are many people like me who would much rather see some meaningful mocap or gameplay, developmental material that will alllow this community to directly impact the quality of the game. These same people see this and have to be thinking "No wonder Madden tackling animations etc. stink because they are doing all this jacking around"...Now in my heart of hearts I don't think they merely jack around at Tiburon and I know they take their job seriiously but its the PERCEPTION that something like this can give Madden fans more fuel for their fire as to why this game continues to NOT deliver.

I'm a huge Madden fan and I really want this game to deliver buty I only want to see the hijinks when we have a game that is exciting, fresh and reaking of solid gameplay. Sorry if this came off the wrong way...Peace

this was taken back in 2004

lol...people don't miss a beat man.. "A video?..." ....lol

Ok, I have to ask. Did you even read Ian's original post or did you just see his name, watch the video and come up with your conclusion?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 01-15-2009 at 11:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »