Home

Start a franchise at any point in history?

This is a discussion on Start a franchise at any point in history? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2009, 05:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Start a franchise at any point in history?

Would you be interested in being able to start your franchise at any point in the history of football? Maybe not go all the way back to the 19th Century, but rather, say, start a franchise in the AFL or at the merger. Of course it would have to come with every year's harvest of players in the draft, so when you get to 1983 you could have the opportunity to draft Kelly, Marino, or Elway. The uniforms, stadiums, and fields would all be aged appropriately and progress according to the years as they go by. And maybe Jerry Rice gets drafted by the Browns and never becomes the G.O.A.T. because he doesn't have Montana under center and Taylor opposite. Bo Jackson doesn't get hurt. Derrick Thomas doesn't die. Etc. And when the draft comes around and your favorite player from your favorite team (with which you're playing your franchise) is available, but so is Ronnie Lott, whom do you pick?

Personally, as a franchise guru, I would kill for this feature, but I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. We have to be able to start a fully fleshed-out, feature-rich franchise starting in the present first. After that we can really begin to dream.

Last edited by Bodizzy; 01-17-2009 at 05:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2009, 06:49 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Start a franchise at any point in history?

You'd have to pay each and every player that is not currently in the NFL to use their likness in a game. The cost would be astronomical.

Although it would be interesting, maybe we can start our franchise in 2000, with the additions of the Texans. But still a lot of players have retired and half of each teams rosters would be missing.

Maybe allow us to start in the future would be cool. Like 2020. Completely new teams and organisations. And we learn that Matt Schaub is the HOFer and greatest qb ever. Reggie bush goes to baltimore and becomes the best rb ever.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

No i would not be intersted in this.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
Ay Dios Mio!!!

Dorado45's Arena

OVR: 16

That Would Be AMAZING!!!
NCAA Team: Texas Longhorns

Your one stop shop for Hi-Res Covers & Hi-Res Cuts
Old 01-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 13

I've been trying to do this since NBA 2K came out. I was gonna use the 98-99 lockout shortened season as my starting point, then in my association (nba 2k's version of the franchise) i would edit all the prospects in the draft to reflect the draft picks (and undrafted free agents) from each year from that point on. Unfortunately my 98-99 season became my default roster, and when 2K had a roster update it saved over all my work.

Someone later completed a relative good 99-00 roster, and i decided to use that as my starting point for my new association. Unfortunately, edited rosters have a habit of freezing like crazy on my xbox when you use them in association, and i'm having enough freezing issues as is. Also i recently found out that the limit of created players (or edited rookie) you can have at any given time in the association is 200, so after 4 years i wouldn't be able to make anyone else.

so yeah, i know this is a madden thread but i still would like to vent. btw i do like this idea alot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2009, 03:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

You can do that in Baseball Mogul. It's crazy but amazing. When you have the chance to draft players like Manny, Bonds, the Big Hurt. Also... my Braves were stacked with Glavine, Smoltz, and Maddux... it is a sweet feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »