Home

What is the one issue that kills Madden 09 for you?

This is a discussion on What is the one issue that kills Madden 09 for you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What is the one issue that kills Madden 09 for you? (non-online)
Robo QB 11 8.53%
Lack of cpu running game 5 3.88%
Rocket catching 2 1.55%
Line play 17 13.18%
AI 25 19.38%
Lack of atmosphere 47 36.43%
Other, explain in thread. 22 17.05%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What is the one issue that kills Madden 09 for you?

I had to check other.
My biggest problem with the game is lack of computer sliders. IMO sliders could fix a lot of the problems; robo QB and lack of computer run game... I understand what they were trying to do with the "adapt to you" game thing but why in the world would you take away the sliders. Give us the option to use it or not. That has to be one of the craziest things Ive ever seen done in a game.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #50
Rookie

representative's Arena

OVR: 2

What is the one issue that kills Madden 09 for you?

Franchise Mode.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 5

When you look at NFL 2k5's presentation and sports center episodes and other features, it makes me feel sad and like an idiot for buying the game, but madden is all that's left.

I can't put into words the lack of effort when you compare two games which are 4 yrs apart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #52
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Lack of an real story or depth to franchise mode kills it.

The rookies you draft in don't even have FACES! How can I get attached to a guy that has no face in the menus or on stat overlays? The computer trade/draft AI is awful, every team plays the same, there is no difference between playing in Heinz Field at playoff time or week 8 in Reliant Stadium.

No players act or move uniquely. All the QB's play the same, I never have to chase down McNabb or Roethlisberger or other mobile QB's.

I ahve NO idea what is going on from week to week in the NFl since there's no web-site (NBA 2K), Highlight show (NFL 2k, College Hoops 2K) there isn't even a paper or radio show (LAST GEN!!!).
Old 01-24-2009, 12:42 AM   #53
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
And if this one issue was fixed, or better, would you think differently of the game?

I personally think its the AI. If the players, especially on defense did what they were supposed to do then I think I would love Madden 09.
Yes, I would think differently of this game. I went with "lack of atmosphere" and found myself siding with the masses. Do I really hate Robo QB? Sure. But NCAA has these same issues listed above with the exception that it HAS atmosphere.... I play the hell out of that game every year.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:16 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 24

I'm so sad atmosphere is winning by a huge margin.
This vote is telling EA what they believe - gameplay doesn't matter, atmosphere and gimmicks do.

It's so sad.

I don't deny Madden's atmosphere sucks, but the gameplay should be the #1 issue.

I voted AI. It's is horrific.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:40 AM   #55
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

It seems like atmosphere and presentation stands out the most, and I personally think its a very valant point.

If you think about it, if a game has a ton of personality, and flavor, and cutscenes, crazy crowd, etc etc. I can see people still playing it and over looking the other errors.

So I guess what would be perfect is when Ian and Phil can release videos and screen shots of the game they will get us crazy by showing us things in reference to Atmosphere and Presentation.

Ill keep my fingers crossed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2009, 01:54 AM   #56
Pro

My biggest gripe is the Pass Defense, mainly on the deep passes. It's impossible to complete a pass over 10-15 yards with any consistency because as soon as the ball is in the air, ALL the DBs instictively know where it is, without even looking at it. They can also jump and magically swat down EVERY pass. Seriously, you would expect that if they didn't even look for the ball, they would miss the ball sometimes, but no, they have eyes in their palms that let them see the ball and swat it down every play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »