Home

Exactly why I stopped going to MaddenMania

This is a discussion on Exactly why I stopped going to MaddenMania within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 04:46 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Exactly why I stopped going to MaddenMania

I am surprised that OS hasn't deleted this thread.

Sure, "Andrew" had EVERY right to express his feelings. "Andrew" is a consumer, first and foremost. What "Andrew" said may not have been the best way to express his feelings. It is obvious that Ian took "Andrew's" comments to heart and was offended by it.

When consumers are paying $60+ for a game, they expect quality. When the quality is nowhere up to standards, the consumer gets upset.

Look at the franchise MLB the Show. They IMPROVE (just looking at game play for arguments sake) from year to year, unlike the franchise Madden. If Madden had the quality of MLB the Show this "blowup" would have never taken place.

With all that said, you can never make every consumer happy. When the majority of consumers are unhappy then the producer needs to fix the problem. All the producer did here is create another problem, just like the Madden franchise.

Also, what "Andrew" said should not reflect back onto the people of MM. IMO Madden has been horrible, but that does not reflect back onto other EA titles.

Last edited by nickp50010; 01-25-2009 at 05:01 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:52 AM   #74
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
This is pretty much what I've noticed over the past few years.
I am hoping with the return of Madden to the PC, maybe the mature posters will return.

Football freaks in the past has done wonderful things with the Madden PC franchise.

I gave Madden a shot this year, wasn't my cup of tea, although I did enjoy Head Coach this year. That being said, I find it incredibly counterproductive to personally attack the producer of the Madden franchise, nor does it help me get my problems with the game across any better.

Constructive criticism is good and I believe needed in this industry, blasting the producers who show up at your site is not, imo.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:57 AM   #75
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I am hoping with the return of Madden to the PC, maybe the mature posters will return.

Football freaks in the past has done wonderful things with the Madden PC franchise.

I gave Madden a shot this year, wasn't my cup of tea, although I did enjoy Head Coach this year. That being said, I find it incredibly counterproductive to personally attack the producer of the Madden franchise, nor does it help me get my problems with the game across any better.

Constructive criticism is good and I believe needed in this industry, blasting the producers who show up at your site is not, imo.
I never tried Head Coach Brian, was it a pretty good game this past release?

Like you, I haven't been into Madden. Not for awhile now. I don't think I have purchased the game in about three years. For me, that is largely due to NCAA having captured my gaming time. But on the other hand, a working franchise mode would be something grrrrreat, as tony the tiger would say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2009, 05:02 AM   #76
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I never tried Head Coach Brian, was it a pretty good game this past release?

Like you, I haven't been into Madden. Not for awhile now. I don't think I have purchased the game in about three years. For me, that is largely due to NCAA having captured my gaming time. But on the other hand, a working franchise mode would be something grrrrreat, as tony the tiger would say.
I bought Madden this year, simply because I wanted to get HC early, so I picked up the anniversary addition.

Knowing the way you play and how in to franchise/dynasty mode you get, I think once you figured out what was going on, HC would be a good fit for you.

Give me a shout one of these days, I'll give you the specifics. It's too bad we didn't have it, in it's current form, when you had that forum where we all tracked our Madden franchises, complete with draft reports from our imported drafts. . Or did I imagine that?
Old 01-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

I gave Madden a shot this year, wasn't my cup of tea, although I did enjoy Head Coach this year.
I have a bad feeling that they just gave up on Madden because it's been so bad lately. I guess we'll see what happens.

HC only came out on the PC the first year. And that was a pretty horrible release. Nice idea that was poorly implemented. I hope the last release was much better.

Football-Freaks did an amazing job with Madden, and all there hard work still couldn't fix Maddens problems.

MaddenMania and Football-Freaks used to be my two favorite sites. Then I gave up on Madden and haven't been to Football-Freaks since.

Last edited by bucky60; 01-25-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:10 AM   #78
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Ian you should create more threads, it will help the Mods separate those who are here to provide constructive feedback/crticism and those who are here just to troll/hate.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 1

I posted that comment over on MaddenMania, and before I talk about that I just want to point out the obvious that almost all of the people who have posted in this thread have shown themselves as complete hypocrites. A few even have the nerve to speak like they know me with garbage like "oh, I bet he wouldn't say that to his face" and one guy is really kidding himself when he's talking about he'd hit me or something? You really have no idea who I am or how I operate, but just keep believing those fantasies, lol.

Also, I find it funny that people here would say I'm taking this too seriously, when a lot of you have 100's and even thousands of posts talking about Madden, lol. I've posted a grand total of 3 times now concerning Madden on the internet, lifetime. Two comments to articles on MM, and this very comment I've put here now. I clearly do not take this game even remotely as seriously as any of you but I'm sure some of you will find some lame way to flip that on me, too

One smart guy calls me an "internet thug". LOL. Wow. That's absolute nonsense. Nothing about the comment I made would classify me as that. One poster says I don't know what I'm talking about? False. I know exactly what I'm talking about and I am fully aware of the changes made in Madden leadership. So it's you who doesn't know what you're talking about concerning my knowledge of what's been happening. I read the information that comes out just like you do.

Ian has indeed worked on the Madden's this generation and therefore has contributed to its decline in measureable ways. Ways that most of you have shown very specific disgust over in your own posts here at OS. FACT. Again, you're hypocrites. All of these games have been bad, and don't sit there and act like that's not the consensus here at OS and other Madden sites.

In terms of the original issue, the truth remains that an engine can certainly be viewed as a composition of multiple parts, each doing something integral to making that engine run since each part is essential to the whole. And that's exactly the situation here. Period. People asking for a new engine could either be asking for replacements to parts of that engine or replacements to the whole but either way that doesn't negate the desire or the very possible need. That's the point that's being missed here.

As far as Ian's way of handling criticism... There have been multiple times posted right here on this site where Ian has wigged out and either threatened or implied leaving because someone said something he didn't like. Do a search on his posts and you'll see that to be 100% indisputable FACT. My view of his behavior may have been harsh in your opinions, but it certainly is not inaccurate. But you're all welcome to kid yourselves if you like.

I could stoop to each of your levels and start hurling direct insults at you, but I'm better than that. I did nothing wrong by posting my view on an open article AT ANOTHER SITE that Ian doesn't post on because he hates it so much (so why even go there anymore?), yet still visits the site. Moderation has the right to remove the postings there if they feel the need. I'm not even a member of MM, but attacking MM is sillyness and by doing so you've all shown the depths of your hypocrisy. MM is not the problem, the people who have been making Madden are the problem. Face reality. It's not a good football game, it's not even football... but how dare people show strong displeasure over that, LOL.

I take back nothing of the very true and accurate statements that I made at MM. I have nothing against you Ian, you seem like a good guy, I just don't like how you've gone about handling some of the criticism and I'm 100% entitled to that view. I do however wish you success Ian, because believe it or not I do want you to do well with the game and for the game to flourish. But understand that there have been harsher criticisms over the years, they have been warranted, and now that you're reading these things more closely it's hitting home more.

I know Madden has been a huge success for a long time and it's common for sales success, glowing publication reviews, and industry awards to blind a team to the realities of what their product really is... then you come into internet groups and find out that the whole world doesn't love what you're doing and in fact find major flaws in it that have been there for many years and it's somewhat of a culture shock. The best thing to do is take the criticisms as motivation. If you can't do that, then it's going to be hard for you to visit Madden sites while this game remains in its rebuilding years.

In short, don't get angry... get better. I am rooting for you. Everyone is. We all want a great game.

-Andrew
Old 01-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #80
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 01-25-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »