Home

Madden 10 DLC

This is a discussion on Madden 10 DLC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #57
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: Madden 10 DLC

I wouldn't pay for it
Old 01-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Yeah we had both NFL teams & community themed gamerpics actually created but couldn't get them approved in time. You can even see the OS gamerpic in this screenshot I posted about the NXE:
Attachment 12364

Phil and I are definitely going to try and push this through next year though. We have to figure out these new crazy 2.0 premium themes as well...they're much more difficult to create than the old wallpaper images.
I'd pay to be able to do something like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NewXBE.jpg (53.4 KB, 69 views)
Old 01-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 10

The game is $60, the system is $200+. Controllers are $40. My TV is over a grand and the economy is terrible. No, I'm not paying for DLC
Old 01-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #60
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Yeah we had both NFL teams & community themed gamerpics actually created but couldn't get them approved in time. You can even see the OS gamerpic in this screenshot I posted about the NXE:

Phil and I are definitely going to try and push this through next year though. We have to figure out these new crazy 2.0 premium themes as well...they're much more difficult to create than the old wallpaper images.
Let's not forget about official PS3 themes too. Regular or Premium, as long as it's cool.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:49 AM   #61
Rookie

davjaffe's Arena

OVR: 6

I would pay for a playbook updating feature that provided team-specific plays and formations as they are used throughout the season. I would pay for that classic playoff matchups mode featuring real retired players. I would pay for retired players as a large group, but probably not individually. I would maybe pay for some kind of additional mini-game or arcade style game.

I don't want to have to pay for additional uniforms or historical stadiums, although I would still like to have them for free. (If you want to charge us for historical stadiums, I think we should at least get a bundle of 4 or 5 stadiums for a fair price, not each stadium for 300 MS points or whatever was being charged in Madden 07).

A good idea might be to bundle a bunch of retired players, historical stadiums, and some throwback gamer-pics or other type of pot-sweetener and push it out as a "Hall of Fame Pack" of paid DLC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #62
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Yeah we had both NFL teams & community themed gamerpics actually created but couldn't get them approved in time.

I know it's almost February, but is there any way to have those gamerpics released? If they're already created, why not release them?
Old 01-30-2009, 03:18 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 15

I'd pay for DLC depending on what it was.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 3

I don't like the idea of dlc either, unless it's new features.

A more enticing offer would be including a collectible trading card inside each retail copy of Madden. EA could select the top player from each team and include them randomly or regionally. Or how about mail-in rewards for certain accomplishments (ie. Setting the season rushing record on all-madden unlocks a code for you to mail-in for a collectible card of LaDanian Tomlinson.)

These would add more replayability to the game and entice 2k fans because of the collectibles!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »