Home

Everything you see on Sunday...What do you think this means?

This is a discussion on Everything you see on Sunday...What do you think this means? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #17
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Everything you see on Sunday...What do you think this means?

I expect to at least have all the successful current gen stuff in. Acc Clock,Multiple Camera angles and the works....I don't think that should be too much to ask for

As for the quote..Hopefully TV Style Presentation will wow us

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 12

Not to be a buzzkill but in past years EA has used many different CATCHY SLOGANS to do nothing but hype a game that wallows in mediocrity...Lets all hope and pray this slogan lives up to its name...I'll take a wait and see approach.

Ian has definitely improved upon Madden PR and the general populous seems receptive to EA reaching out and listening to what we want..Hopefully the end result will be an overall improved game.

I was never one to get too high or low about the EA slogans and promises...I just want an end result that makes me want to not put the game down 2 months after I buy it...Only time will tell...I've always been in the camp that Madden has never needed a slogan...all it needs is to be GOOD...Build it and we will come...Hell...where else can we go???
Old 01-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
If Ian and crew come through on there "Everything you see on Sunday" statement, it would be the biggest jump in a yearly video game ever. The amount of stuff they need to add and tweak is huge.

I hope they come through but I am not getting excited yet.
Thats a good point...How realistic is it for us to think they can make this HUGE jump???...Are we setting ourselves up for a big disappointment???
Old 01-30-2009, 10:58 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

It means that if you see it on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc. You won't see on Madden.

Seriously, I hope it has to do with the in-game presentation aspect of the game.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #21
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Thats a good point...How realistic is it for us to think they can make this HUGE jump???...Are we setting ourselves up for a big disappointment???
For that reason alone that is why I am going to play the waiting game. I all most feel into that trap,seeing Ian and all the guys post here makes you feel more involved in this years game, but I'm going to let those guys do there job, and we shall see in August if things get better,I really hope they do.It's really hard not to get excited about this years game because Ian keeps us informed as much as possible,and when a guy shows that kind of commitment to the SIM fanbase you want him to succeed.In a way I want Madden X to be better for Ian and the hard work he is putting in.Cause if Madden X doesn't doesnt take steps in the right direction are we left with the feeling of "okay,well Ian was on these boards getting feedback and imput and it still didn't matter".....So,I would say in a way we are setting ourselfs up for disappointment if this game dont meet our expectations.Or...do we give them a break because we have become cool with Ian and the team because they come on these boards and face our rath of complaints and concerns about Madden X. For me personally im trying hard to not get excited about this years edition but its hard because the team seems very genuine about bringing Madden reputation back.Crazy as it sounds,reading the news that was dropped on Thursday I almost feel in the same old emotions of the past,instead of sprinting along with the feeling of excitement,I stopped and became cautious.As much as I wanna get excited,Im going to save judement for August 12th...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 39

I think it means the little football tidbits like lO-line interaction will be on display.

Last edited by thudias; 01-30-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 24

I think the gameplay we see on Sundays will be emulated in the game. Hopefully so many different animations will be included that no two will be alike,as well as OL/DL interactions, sideline interactions, etc.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #24
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
What does it mean?

It means that people on these boards are more than likely going to set themselves up for disappointment.
!!!!!!

I'm already disappointed with an announcements of an exclusion for '10. I hate that they've made that statement. They can't live up to it.

I imagine '10 will be a major improvement over '09, but I wish they would have been a bit more conservative with the hype. EA has a terrible record living up to the expectations they create.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »