Home

I know...but its what I need

This is a discussion on I know...but its what I need within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18
I know...but its what I need

I am currently flatlined regarding Madden. I finally recognize what MY issues are with Madden and why I enjoy NCAA College Football so much more. I am mainly a dynasty/franchise player. Madden for all of its graphical glory has no life. I need the ability to name and make my own coach who's record follows him(or her) wherever he goes. I need players who demand more money if they play well and threaten to not play. I need more flexibility in contracts (bonuses, frontload, backload)and negotiations. I need the significance of games to be apparent as the playoffs approach. I need playoff atmosphere. I need the coaches' record to indicate winning the division, conference, and superbowl. I need a better draft.

Great teams with great personnel should crush bad teams. Bad teams with bad personnel should play....bad. Shutdown corners should shutdown receivers or in the least make you wary of throwing their way. If I draft/sign shutdown corners then my pass defense should indicate this. If I draft/sign defensive/offensive linemen that are great then there play on the field should indicate that the are great. If I upgrade personnel then it should show on the field.

Job offers and Job dismissals for my created coach based on the record. I'm not asking for much. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: I know...but its what I need

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosgotcha
I am currently flatlined regarding Madden. I finally recognize what MY issues are with Madden and why I enjoy NCAA College Football so much more. I am mainly a dynasty/franchise player. Madden for all of its graphical glory has no life. I need the ability to name and make my own coach who's record follows him(or her) wherever he goes. I need players who demand more money if they play well and threaten to not play. I need more flexibility in contracts (bonuses, frontload, backload)and negotiations. I need the significance of games to be apparent as the playoffs approach. I need playoff atmosphere. I need the coaches' record to indicate winning the division, conference, and superbowl. I need a better draft.

Great teams with great personnel should crush bad teams. Bad teams with bad personnel should play....bad. Shutdown corners should shutdown receivers or in the least make you wary of throwing their way. If I draft/sign shutdown corners then my pass defense should indicate this. If I draft/sign defensive/offensive linemen that are great then there play on the field should indicate that the are great. If I upgrade personnel then it should show on the field.

Job offers and Job dismissals for my created coach based on the record. I'm not asking for much. LOL
well put sir, alot of madden heads feel the same as u!!! i just hope that guys like me u and many others get what they want in madden 10 or at least another sign of a step in the right direction
Old 01-31-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Franchise will be great next year, just look at my sig
Old 01-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Well franchise will be much improved... I imagine they will import alot of what Head Coach had right into Madden. I don't honestly think anything will change in regards to a playoff atmosphere. I could be wrong and hope I am but I just don'tthink thats at the top of the prioity list. We know that the graphics will be much improved, gameplay will but improved as well as presentation and a Revamped franchise mode. I do agree that playoffs need a better atmosphere though.
I think they should also have an Exp stat for playoffs. Like for players who have been to the playoffs and loss it would add 1%. Playoff win adds 2% and superbowl wins add 5%. Each players playoff Exp would add to the teams stat. Players with little to no playoff Exp would not play as well in the playoffs. This would make the game more interesting as the team with the most talent won't always be the champs. IE 2007 Patriots, 2008 Cowboys...
Old 01-31-2009, 02:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTown
Well franchise will be much improved... I imagine they will import alot of what Head Coach had right into Madden. I don't honestly think anything will change in regards to a playoff atmosphere. I could be wrong and hope I am but I just don'tthink thats at the top of the prioity list. We know that the graphics will be much improved, gameplay will but improved as well as presentation and a Revamped franchise mode. I do agree that playoffs need a better atmosphere though.
I think they should also have an Exp stat for playoffs. Like for players who have been to the playoffs and loss it would add 1%. Playoff win adds 2% and superbowl wins add 5%. Each players playoff Exp would add to the teams stat. Players with little to no playoff Exp would not play as well in the playoffs. This would make the game more interesting as the team with the most talent won't always be the champs. IE 2007 Patriots, 2008 Cowboys...
It's not like the Cardinals have the most playoff experience and last year the Patriots had way more playoff experience. Some players are more clutch than others, whether it's their first time in the playoffs or 100th. If implemented correctly, it could be done well, but just sheer number of playoff games isn't a reliable factor for a team's performance IMO, it should just be a part of the equation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
MVP

speedkills's Arena

Must .... resist. Please forgive me but ...

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

Sorry, The Office is one of my favorite shows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLQKsuogUXo

Last edited by speedkills; 01-31-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Question which bear is best?
Old 01-31-2009, 11:40 PM   #8
MVP

speedkills's Arena

That's a ridiculous question.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »