Home

My Idea: QB Vision 2.0

This is a discussion on My Idea: QB Vision 2.0 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Lightbulb My Idea: QB Vision 2.0

Hello. As many of you all know, Madden 09 dropped the vision cone all together and while many people (including me) don't miss the cone, we miss the challenge that QB Vision brought to the game. Therefore, I have an idea... "QB Vision 2.0".

This idea came from the feature brought into madden 09 of the icons above the receivers going away once you move the QB back a good amount of yards. This is an improvement over that. I came up with the idea of having 3 categories of QB's: "good", "average", and "below average". Depending on what the category of the QB is, this will determine how far he will be able to drop back until the controller button icons start to rotate. So like the WR that was represented by Y or triangle will now be something else such as B or square (and the other WRs will be different too; no one will be the same button). The more you move back, the faster the icons rotate between WRs. This creates pressure and also makes those long bomb cathes happening when dropping back still slightly possible (but obviously less likely to be done). Now the number of yards a QB can go before this goes into effect and the speed of the icons rotating is all determined by the categories...

Good:
These QB's can drop back 15 yards until the button icons above the WRs go into rotation.
15-20 yards: rotation begins; buttons rotate every second
20-25 yards: buttons rotate every .75 of a second
25-30 yards: buttons rotate every .5 of a second
30-35 yards: buttons rotate every .25 of a second
(etc.)

Average:
These QB's can drop back 10 yards until the button icons above the WRs go into rotation.
10-15 yards: rotation begins; buttons rotate every second
15-20 yards: buttons rotate every .75 of a second
20-25 yards: buttons rotate every .5 of a second
25-30 yards: buttons rotate every .25 of a second
(etc.)

Below Average:
These QB's just like the average ones can drop back 10 yards until the buttons icons above the WRs go into rotation. The thing is though that they will go into rotation faster than that of the average QB's.
10-15 yards: rotation begins; buttons rotate every .75 of a second
15-20 yards: buttons rotate every .5 of a second
20-25 yards: buttons rotate every .25 of a second
25-30 yards: buttons rotate every .125 of a second
(etc.)

So yeah... maybe the speeds that they change can be different but yeah this is my idea. Hopefully I explained everything clearly enough for you guys (and Ian ) to understand. So, what do you guys think of it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: My Idea: QB Vision 2.0

Honestly, I think the flashlight was the worst thing ever - I am glad they got rid of it. No QB Vision cones or anything of that sort. The passing is fine the way it is. Our eyes act like the flashlight, so we don't need to move it around the field.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Not to be rude or anything but it's obvious that yoiu didn't read my post. This has nothing to do with the cone and neither is it a recommendation to bring it back. It's a recommendation to make the passing game harder so that the game won't be as it says in your sig, "A game of checkers".
Old 02-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Honestly I don't mind the rotating icon thing as long as its done right. The thing I have a problem with is the fact that your basing things on how far a QB drops back. All QB's shoudn't be able to complete throws if they are dropping back 10 or 15 yards period. That concept just seems very arcade style IMO. I think we would be better off with the amount of time after the snap..then start with the rotating icons, or if the QB takes off out of the pocket, they should start rotating right away.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Nay!

The "drop back 20 yards" problem is not a QB or WR problem. It's a linemen problem. Unless the blocking mechanics are ignored again, none of this will be necessary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #6
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Right analog throwing!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Nay!

The "drop back 20 yards" problem is not a QB or WR problem. It's a linemen problem. Unless the blocking mechanics are ignored again, none of this will be necessary.
Agreed with Bezo.

In addition, the mods, based on popular demand, including Ian's vote of confidence, made a wish list sub forum to post your ideas, thoughts and suggestions.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ishlist-forum/

Just an FYI.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #8
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

Yeah I agree that dropping back is a lineman problem but I thought about this for the great number of people who drop the QB back. The more you drop the QB back, the harder it is to complete a pass and the easier it is to get it picked off due to the icons rotating. Time is a good thing to consider though and maybe that would be better than yards. But yeah thanks for the feedback. Made this thread at the spur of the moment so the idea wouldn't go away from me though I probably should have thought it out more. And thanks for the link Roadman... didn't know that they had that.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 02-02-2009 at 05:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »