Home

I honestly think EA has the tools to make Madden NFL 10 have good presentation...

This is a discussion on I honestly think EA has the tools to make Madden NFL 10 have good presentation... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
I honestly think EA has the tools to make Madden NFL 10 have good presentation...

Let me break it down...

Backtrack Telestrator:
This feature is pretty amazing imo. Them making Backtrack tells me that they can make the game have much better presentation. Making a pre-game, half-time and post game show seems a lot easier than making the backtrack telestrator.

Highlight Clip Menus during Half-time and After the Game in Madden 09:
They have the highlight clip menus for half-time and after the game. They should just let the clips roll automatically while having the announcers talk about them while they are playing.

Madden 09's stadium overview and Madden 08's Marshall Faulk Pre-Game Show and Player Intro:

Madden 08 had the Marshall Faulk pre-game show. It wasn't that good though it was still something. For a pre-game show in Madden 10, they should tie in Madden 09's stadium overview with 08's player intros and score prediction pre-game show but have Collinsworth make the prediction (and not sound as dumb as Faulk while doing it) and annouce the players as they come out and talk about them.

Conclusion:
It seems like they have all the tools. They should just tie everything in together from past maddens while making improvements to them. While this might not end up in being as good as 2k5's presentation, I would be more than happy if they did all of this.

But anyways, do any of you guys think they have the tools too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: I honestly think EA has the tools to make Madden NFL 10 have good presentation...

THEY BEEN HAVING THE STUFF TO MAKE A REAL LIFE PRESNTATION,MAN THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES MAKING FOOTBALL GAMES.PLUS NOT TO MENTION ESPN,THEY HAVE CHRIS BERNMAN AND STEW ALONG WITH MEL KIPER TO DO THE DRAFT IF THEY REALLY WHATED TO.SO YOU TELL ME DO YOU THINK OR KNOW THEY HAVE THE TOOLS? 2KSPORTS GOT SOME GOOD USE OUT ESPN HOW COME EA DON'T LET THEM DO THERE PRESENTATION AND DRAFT TO MAKE IT ALL REAL,I THINK TO THEM THEY SAVE MORE MONEY BY DOING IT THEMSELVES THEY BOUGHT OUT EVERYTHING SO NO OTHER PARTY CAN USE SOMETHING THAT WAS GOING TO MAKE THEM WORK.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: I honestly think EA has the tools to make Madden NFL 10 have good presentation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Let me break it down...

Backtrack Telestrator:
This feature is pretty amazing imo. Them making Backtrack tells me that they can make the game have much better presentation. Making a pre-game, half-time and post game show seems a lot easier than making the backtrack telestrator.

Highlight Clip Menus during Half-time and After the Game in Madden 09:
They have the highlight clip menus for half-time and after the game. They should just let the clips roll automatically while having the announcers talk about them while they are playing.

Madden 09's stadium overview and Madden 08's Marshall Faulk Pre-Game Show and Player Intro:

Madden 08 had the Marshall Faulk pre-game show. It wasn't that good though it was still something. For a pre-game show in Madden 10, they should tie in Madden 09's stadium overview with 08's player intros and score prediction pre-game show but have Collinsworth make the prediction (and not sound as dumb as Faulk while doing it) and annouce the players as they come out and talk about them.

Conclusion:
It seems like they have all the tools. They should just tie everything in together from past maddens while making improvements to them. While this might not end up in being as good as 2k5's presentation, I would be more than happy if they did all of this.

But anyways, do any of you guys think they have the tools too?
I also believe that they have the tools to make a good presentation filled game. For me I would be happy if I saw the addition of the pre/post-game show & half time show. But that's just me.

I also think I saw a mention that the stadium overviews of 2009 won't be making it into 2010. If that's true that's kinda sad to know.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Bring in Chris Berman, and some of his famous quotes...how about actually using your ESPN lisence for once? i want to watch sport center after each week and see highlights, get updates on big injuries and new contracts, rookies, everything! use Mel Kiper in the draft, use the lisence EA, 2K did why cant you?and that was 2K5...don't copy from 2K5 but learn what it did well and build off of that...there's no shame in addmitting that 2K5 still outdoes Madden in some aspects, learn from there strategies.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by woowoo782
Bring in Chris Berman, and some of his famous quotes...how about actually using your ESPN lisence for once? i want to watch sport center after each week and see highlights, get updates on big injuries and new contracts, rookies, everything! use Mel Kiper in the draft, use the lisence EA, 2K did why cant you?and that was 2K5...don't copy from 2K5 but learn what it did well and build off of that...there's no shame in addmitting that 2K5 still outdoes Madden in some aspects, learn from there strategies.

This has been discussed before. If memory serves me correctly, EA is in a flux with using ESPN or being pressured by the NFL to use the NFL Network.

So, to not cause a conflict, they are keeping the way they are doing currently. Who know at this point if they are adding a sideline reporter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #6
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by woowoo782
MY POINT EXACLY
Old 02-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

For all the ESPN/Chris Berman fans, the second post in the thread I will link is the closest answer as Phil stated probably 10-12 post in.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rts-games.html
Old 02-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 27

I'm still just trying to forget that Madden 08 ever existed. I don't want them to use any presentation elements from Madden 08. I just want them to do this thing like it's done on TV... like we all expected it to be like from day one... like a past competitor did many years ago now. That's it.

They can do it. The game already has all of the elements, they're just poorly implemented at the moment.

I think we've all given them what they need from our perspective, now it's just a matter of them finally getting it done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »