Home

What one thing from the Super Bowl do you want to see in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on What one thing from the Super Bowl do you want to see in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #17
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What one thing from the Super Bowl do you want to see in Madden 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
What a game! Whether you were there live (Like me) or watching on TV there is nothing like the Super Bowl experience. What one thing did you see this weekend that you need to see in this years Madden? Since I am the Art Director I'd love to hear more about graphics and presentation elements but anything goes.

Go Steelers! Warner for the HOF!

Thanks

Im glad you asked this. i don't have time to post what i posted in my blog..but please check my blogs out concerning this and all your questions will be answered http://www.operationsports.com/maste...en-09-part-ii/
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 02-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

As mentioned by other posters in this thread, I would love frequent stat overlays. I know that the CBS NFL broadcast typically displays at least one player's stats after each play (It might pop-up saying Player X caught a 15 yard reception, then say that Player X has 4 receptions for 51 yards on the game). I would also like to see defensive stats as well (tackles, TFLs, passes defended, sacks etc.)
Old 02-04-2009, 09:38 PM   #19
Madden NFL Art Director

Keep it coming! I like this discussion, especially when you say how crummy we are J/K. We are fans too and have high expectations for this years game just like you.

Also please keep it to just ONE thing. Making games is all about choices so it helps to see what fans feel are the absolute most important things. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you will only get one thing.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #20
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
Keep it coming! I like this discussion, especially when you say how crummy we are J/K. We are fans too and have high expectations for this years game just like you.

Also please keep it to just ONE thing. Making games is all about choices so it helps to see what fans feel are the absolute most important things. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you will only get one thing.
did you get what I left for ya?
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 02-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

Fully interactive sidelines are a must for this years game. A living, breathing sideline full of all the players, camera crews, cheerleaders, chaingang, and everything else thats on an NFL sideline!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #22
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

The one thing that this game has been missing, in term of art direction, are the QB dangling sleeves(or loose fitting). Almost every QB in the NFL wears them (Ben,the Mannings,Favre,Warner,Romo,Brady,Rivers) those are just off the top of my head. Whenever i play with any of these Qbs its the first thing that bugs me when i see them on screen. I would rather have the sleeves than real faces, because they are the focal part of the screen on EVERY play.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 7

Hows it goin?

I just wish that the postseason would be a whole other level to the game. I wanna be able to play my franchise mode. get into the playoffs. and once i get there i'm like WHOA, is this the same game?! Obviously field art. and for the SB patches on their jerseys.

I would love the SB celebrations you guys have now, to be the team celebrations for the AFC NFC championship game. bring it down to that.. so you can bring us the ULTIMATE superbowl experience. It's the biggest sporting game of the year, SO MAKE IT THAT WAY.

1.) A whole new schedule gets decked out. This day, arrive to Miami,FL..then this day is media day where your coaches can answer various questions, and so can star players..(this is where the trash talking can become present)

2.) Superbowl Intro: Open up with a highlight video of both teams seasons, that could be our job to save replays and put them into our highlight reel before the game. Get both teams running out of the tunnels. Some of the national anthem maybe with the jets flying overhead. And let the coin toss be a big deal with a US soldier flipping the coin or something. Get a mixture of both fans in the stadium with their different jerseys. I would like an aerial view of the stadium as well..during this shot the viewer could clearly see the different colors mixed into the crowd.

3.) During the game: Little tickers such as (Warner This Drive: 7/7), different coach, player reactions especially the coach and from the sidelines.

4.) Halftime: With players running into the locker rooms get a news reporter to catch a coach or player before they run in and finding out what they're going to need to do next half. Highlights from the first half..have Madden talk about what this team needs to do..you guys have that under cover.

5.)End of the game, if it's a close game, let us feel it is a close game, like fans from the opposing team praying in the stands. Like when Fitzgerald got the go ahead TD, it seemed like it swept the Steelers off their feet (I would love there to be a momentum meter throughout every game) Then the opposing team storms right down the field and scores with 30 seconds to go. I want the Madden or whoever the other guy may be say HE CAUGHT IT! like never before. any TD's during the end should have many more cut scenes to players reactions (example Fitz mouthing NO and shaking his head. And the opposing fans to go nuts.

6.) The celebration: Now if its a blowout SB, have the players dump the gatorade on the coach while the team is just running down the clock with a guarenteed win, while giving hugs to players on the sidelines. If its like this past Super Bowl, I want it to be after that last knee, the QB to throw his hands up and the whole sideline mob the field. With confetti and hugs everywhere. What would be great, since youre an art director, if for players to be seen with the hats and t shirts saying Super Bowl Champs with their logo. It should flash back to the announcers and they should display the highlight of the game and horse trailer player of the game. That player should then be shown on a stage in front of his whole team raising the lombardi trophy. The celebration should end from fading from the stage, onto the parade into the city. WHO WOULDN't WANT A PARADE?! Have the players in normal street clothes waving to fans thanking them. Posters saying WE DID IT, and maybe if you guys have enough time get the stars to say some words "You are the best fans." and maybe get someone to dance.

I know this might be a little too much like real life..but that's what we're asking for nowadays with these video games.

So please, I hope my list gave you some interest, and you could possibly take some of my ideas into your work for next year!

thanks!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #24
Madden NFL Art Director

Gotcha mastershake88.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »