Home

What one thing from the Super Bowl do you want to see in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on What one thing from the Super Bowl do you want to see in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: What one thing from the Super Bowl do you want to see in Madden 10?

Great job on that art as usual, Tyrant. I can't get over how beautifully toned that grass is. too.

Why can't the 360/PS3 versions have tone and color to the grass like that? What's the problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Great job on that art as usual, Tyrant. I can't get over how beautifully toned that grass is. too.

Why can't the 360/PS3 versions have tone and color to the grass like that? What's the problem?
Do you have a good TV? I think that part of the game is pretty good.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

If I could chose only one thing it would be the Super Bowl patch on the team's jerseys. I know it seems like such a small thing but it really would help the immersion factor immensely. I just remember the joy of playing NCAA and going to the Sugar Bowl and seeing the patch on the team's jerseys. It was a little thing but like the wise man said it is the sum of little things that count.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 27

Custom painted endzones just like the Super Bowl!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #69
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

My ONE thing would be significantly better Presentation. Specifics would be this:

1) Atmosphere--I want to feel as if there is a live crowd watching my games. I want to feel intimidated when I, as a Browns fan, play in Pittsburgh. I want to feel that my home team crowd is loud and has my back when it's 4th and goal for my opponent.

2) Camera Angles--One thing that bothers me about the presentation now is that it has no life to it. It's boring. The replays seems random. When there's a big play, instead of getting a close up of a player's face or of lots of teammates or of players on the sideline...I get a wide shot of the field. I can't stand it.

3) Stat Overlays--I feel there was an attempt to improve this. But give me more of them. I'm playing an entire game of football here--I want to see, consistently, how my players and team are doing without having to press the start button and pause the game. I'd particularly love to see a stat overlay that compares, for example, my running back's career yardage against Jim Brown's. Or Barry Sanders. Or Emmitt Smith's.

If I'm 8 TD's away from breaking Peyton Manning's single season touchdown record of 49, I'd love to, in week 12, have them compare my QB's stats through 12 games to Manning's 2004 stats through 12 games.

4) TV Style Presentation--I guess we'll never see the ESPN license implemented in this fashion, but can't EA attempt to mimic TV style presentation? More varied angles/cut scenes, maybe a shot of a reporter down on the field reporting about injuries, team penalties, etc. I'd like to see real team trainers help my injured player up from the ground. Just watch a broadcast game and notice how it physically LOOKS on the screen compared to Madden. I think EA thinks that because we are playing a video game, we DON'T want stuff that will remind us of passively watching a game on TV. I think it's the opposite. We are going to feel immersed regardless--we're playing and controlling the game. Give us the feeling of believing we are playing and controlling what we normally see on Sunday's in front of our television sets. That's what we really want.

5) Lastly, please get rid of anything and everything that blatantly removes the gamer from the immersion of the game. Now I know every game has it's problems and can never be real. However, if I see the same shot of the jumbotron telling me the SAME thing game in and game out, it sucks me out of the experience.

If, in franchise mode, I see that my #1 draft pick has no photo and is referred to as "the running back" for his entire career--despite him being one of the leagues best and highest paid players--it sucks me out of the gaming experience.

If I get to the Pro Bowl and everyone has the same helmets, or I get to the Super Bowl and the end zones look the same, or there's no excitement in the announcers voice--it sucks me out of the experience.

Last edited by PacMan3000; 02-05-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #70
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedihawk2K5
Outside of the emotion and the increased crowd intensity, I would echo all who say SB art. Looking at the demo of '09, with the G-Men and Pats, that is what I would want to see. The only thing extra to add would be SB logo patches on the jerseys.

Tryant, that looks FANTASTIC. Where does someone get that on-field art for the PC version? Do you only get that field in the SB in franchise or is that available in exhibition play? I would love to play the Steelers-Cards again on that field.
I created the whole thing. There is a program called texmod, and I used it to create all the artwork I wanted for the superbowl. I did fields with the playoff logos also. It came out real nice. If u have the pc version of Madden 08 let me know and ill help u out. I even added the superbowl logo on the uniforms exactly the sameway. Its pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher

Thxs for the compliment watcher. I dont know what the problem is. Its crazy how perfect daytime games look, and night games. U get the flares of the sun in the game and it looks so damn perfect. Ill put up a screenshot for u. Look for it later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Do you have a good TV? I think that part of the game is pretty good.
Yea I have a good tv, but the game has very nice graphics and is very smooth to play. Its a great version of madden. I wish other in here had it so we can do a franchise together. U can do that on the PC version. A few member in here actually bought Madden 08 for the PC since I speak so much about it , and put up photos. They all PM me and thanked me alot for hyping up the game. They love it.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I dont know if this was mentioned and if it was Im sorry for repeating it.

I would love to see the Celebration by the team that won the superbowl,and media coverage that takes place after the game. The MVP introduction and interviews.

I would also like to see all the superbowl logos, that are place on the field and in the stadium.

I would like to see the superbowl logo on the teams uniforms also. That also adds the touch of acomplishment to the teams that made it.

Here are some things I did modding madden for the pc. I do know that one logo is upside down on the field , but I cant do anything about that. I just want to show you what I mean. Plz also look along the field level stadium walls. They have the Superbowl art also.

Thank you.
what you've been showin is exactly what im talkin about, and if you could place team colors and logos on the team sideline area that would be the icing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #72
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
my 2c

add anything and everything mastershake, joborule, and thewatcher have to see about presentation/art/lighting
good suggestion man..lol
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »