Home

Does anyone else find the Minigames for players on Franchise mode annoying?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else find the Minigames for players on Franchise mode annoying? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2009, 01:51 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Does anyone else find the Minigames for players on Franchise mode annoying?

The whole "train active team for this week" thing to improve a player every week. You basically have to do a mini game like the 40 yard dash and what not, I find this extremely annoying and boring. You can't even sim them because you wont get any points and I completely suck at some of the mini games like playing the coverage challenge so I can never really level up my secondary AT ALL. They should make it like head coach were they level up by themselves and have an over all potential that they will hit like player in HC09 called LeRoy James with his 96 total potential as a player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2009, 04:00 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Does anyone else find the Minigames for players on Franchise mode annoying?

For some guys simulating gives heaps of points.

I got 7 every week for Richard Seymour.

And 5 every week for some linebacker.

I agree the coverage challenge is broken. Its impossible to cover any receiver.

I had my 99 overall receiver getting killed by my 55 overall fullback. Only happened once but shouldn't happen at all.

If you just let the cpu follow the receiver, and then take over to make the tackle, you should get 7 points most of the time.

But if you want to be cheap, you can hitstick the receiver when the ball's in the air. There's no pass inteference in training, so you can basically tackle the receiver every time.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I agree that the minigames are to repetitive. It's too much to do this 3 times every single week. I wish EA would just do this to begin preseason like they used to or better yet give us the option as to how players progress. If I had my choice progression would be directly related to how players perform in games.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I can't remember the last time I bothered with a franchise in Madden, but the mini games sound boring & irrelevant. Why not just have typical practice activities? Scrimmages, 7 on 7, pass rush drills, goal line, special teams, ect.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I can't remember the last time I bothered with a franchise in Madden, but the mini games sound boring & irrelevant. Why not just have typical practice activities? Scrimmages, 7 on 7, pass rush drills, goal line, special teams, ect.
In all honesty I don't see how the QB activity is helping out with a QB's; throwing power and throwing accuracy. I second the 7 on 7 I guess this can be in next years game. have a 7 on 7 and give the QB 11 reps.

Accuracy: You throw the ball 11 times and try not to let the ball hit the ground must complete over 80% of your passes to get any kind of points for accuracy

Awareness: To know where to throw the ball, where not to throw the ball (well covered, double coverage.etc) and when to throw it, forcing the ball would get you - points, perfecting the pump fake to get your target open. these would get you points in the Awareness area

Arm power: This would be for how often you complete the deep ball over 20 yards if you complete a good amount you get your points. Of course all this should be timed I think this is the best way to make the mini games actually meaningful and actually help the person playing the game at the same time. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

you still progress even without doing the mini-games. i don't bother with them, i turn the weapons off. thats just me though.

but i agree with bezo.

but we all know theres gonna be some changes in Franchise this year!! so hopefully its for the better.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Fifa did it well. Depending on performance players would get 'training points' (even some players that didn't play would get some too), you could then assign these points to whatever you wanted for each of your players or save them up to do it all in one big hit. I thought they did player progression really well.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new team implement.

As far as the weekly training you get over that after 1 or 2 seasons, but you don't want to not develop your players. I preferred the training before the season they used to have...
Old 02-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I've never bothered with the minigames. I don't miss them a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »