Home

Presentation in Madden

This is a discussion on Presentation in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Presentation in Madden

OK, so how do we get the presentation level of Madden up to par with a certain game called 2k5? I just started playing this game last week and it is amazing how well it is present on and off the field. Just insane.

I'd love to see Madden with these presentation elemets on the current generation of consoles.

EA should just take all the presentation elements from 2k5 and apply them to Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Presentation in Madden

Well, this has been discussed 10,000 times... but I'll throw this in again:

---Narrated replays and highlights - not just generalized audio clips that could be tagged to ANY event that happens in the game. RUMBLIN, FUMBLIN, TUMBLIN... etc... Get someone like Boomer or Bradshaw to make up nicknames and crazy cliches

---More crowd/fan footage after big plays. Where's the cheeseheads? Where's the painted beer-bellies? Where's the heart-attack guy from SNL? (da bearz) Where's the Pre-Game shot of the fans tailgating in the Parking lots?

---More sideline footage of players goofing around, kicking over Gatorade tables after INTs, coaches yelling at players, players yelling at coaches, etc...

---Pre-Game/Post-game analysis. Go over winning streaks, talk about potential records that could be broken at the end of a Franchise season. Have a couple CGI guys give their predictions and match-up breakdowns prior to each game (NOT Marshall Faulk)

The problem is the game is WAY TOO SIM focused. There's no fun or emotion. Everything is stats and ratings. Where's the FUN?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
Rookie

I realize I'm late to the party on this, but I'm just so blown away having played this for the last week. I just can't get over the level of polish it has.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:48 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 18

I hear you brother. I still remember that "wow" feeling I had the first time I saw 2K5. I ended up buying again it a few months ago for $5 when I found it was backwards compatible on the Xbox 360. It is a great game that still reigns as the champion for NFL presentation IMO.

That being said I’m SO ready to let it rest and move on. It looks very dated graphically and I think Madden now has better overall game play - aside from a few CPU AI "bugs" like QB accuracy. I’m cheering for EA to make presentation their main focus in Madden 10. There is a lot of talk about getting the basics right before augmenting the atmosphere and I couldnt agree more. A game MUST play well before you tack on the bells and whistles. But I honestly don’t feel that Madden's game play is that far off from being nailed down. A few AI sliders, further development and boom - it's fine.

Shutting up all the NFL2K5 fans - including myself - should be priority #1. I can only imagine Madden's incredible graphics and solid game play painted with the presentation strokes of MLB09 The Show, NFL2K5 or NBA2K9. I think Madden would have the most "dramatic" improvement if they adopted a more immersive TV broadcast aesthetic than the 1-dimensional behind-the-QB look they've used exclusively since moving to the Xbox 360. Bringing back those broadcast authentic camera angles (at least as an option) from the last-gen days and enhancing replays with "Backtrack"-style commentary and highlights would be a substantial improvement. In my opinion these are two fundamental elements holding Madden back when compared to other sports titles of the day.

Until now Ian and his team have not said anything specific about their work in this facet of the game. But there is still a lot of time left on the clock. Im sure they have some cool stuff in the works. My eyes are glued to this forum. Check out Joborule's Madden 10 Presentation Wishlist on this forum to get a comprehensive list of hopeful upgrades.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sentation.html

Tell me the hairs on the back of your neck don't stand up after reading it. : ) If EA could do half of this I would be like NFL2K-what?

Last edited by johnprestonevans; 02-10-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
OK, so how do we get the presentation level of Madden up to par with a certain game called 2k5? I just started playing this game last week and it is amazing how well it is present on and off the field. Just insane.

I'd love to see Madden with these presentation elemets on the current generation of consoles.

EA should just take all the presentation elements from 2k5 and apply them to Madden.
Madden bought the rights so no more 2ks BUT they will not take from what 2k5 did. I THINK i saw a developer(if it wasnt a developer it was someone) basicly say they dont want to go that direction. Almost as tho they cant admit 2k5 had it much better. Basicly one thing i found on this forum is that madden fans wont talk 2k5 and dont want to use anything in game that makes people say "hey 2k had that first" or things like that. Just like your almost banned when you mention 2k5 in the madden forums.

Basicly you can ask for anything presentation style that was NOT in 2k5 and you will get a better response.

kinda funny your talking bout a game made for xbox not the next gen systems that are supposed to be much more capible.

Also notice we stuck to the topic of presentation becasue i know better than bring up gameplay issues.

^^^^^^"Tell me the hairs on the back of your neck don't stand up after reading it. : ) If EA could do half of this I would be like NFL2K-what? "
Thats mostly the same stuff been listed for 4 years now and they havnt listened yet... And sadly enough.... there are tooo many things that 2k5 already did on xbox and they wont do it with 360. Sad i know but thats why i have NO hopes for 2010. they will fix up 2-3 things but nothing major. And like all maddens past..... when they give you something new, you lose somethings else. I wasted money on 07,08, and 09 but madden 10 will not get it this time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #6
Rookie

I don't have enough experience with the 2K gameplay to judge it, but frankly I'm OK with the familarity of Madden for the game play.

I just want the feel of playing a TV broadcast that 2K gives you. I'm just amazed at how it imersses you in the game by feeling like a TV broadcast.

The pre-game, in-game, and post game presentation is all miles ahead of where Madden has been for 4 years now. The level and amount of commentary is fantastic as well.

Use the NFL Network license, use the ESPN license, make up a fake EASN license again if you want. Just make it better and give it the feel this game has.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #7
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
I don't have enough experience with the 2K gameplay to judge it, but frankly I'm OK with the familarity of Madden for the game play.

I just want the feel of playing a TV broadcast that 2K gives you. I'm just amazed at how it imersses you in the game by feeling like a TV broadcast.

The pre-game, in-game, and post game presentation is all miles ahead of where Madden has been for 4 years now. The level and amount of commentary is fantastic as well.

Use the NFL Network license, use the ESPN license, make up a fake EASN license again if you want. Just make it better and give it the feel this game has.
I gotta believe Ian and Phil has heard our cries for presentation, lets just hope they deliver the goods.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
The problem is the game is WAY TOO SIM focused. There's no fun or emotion. Everything is stats and ratings.
This is inaccurate, and I doubt you'd find very many here who would agree with you that it's too sim focused. If anything, this is a game that is too arcade-y in the tournament sense with no presentation. The overwhelming plea from most here on the boards to the developers is too make it sim, because gameplay-wise, it's just not there (right now anyway).

Regardless of the gameplay, presentation is needed and will make it more fun if added. But regarding gameplay, it's just not sim (yet).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »