Home

What Will It Take For You To Buy Madden This Year?

This is a discussion on What Will It Take For You To Buy Madden This Year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: What Will It Take For You To Buy Madden This Year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
game to be released.
+1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 10

the demo will tell me everything i need to know.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

i just can't believe there aren't more people who think madden 09 wasn't the game they were hoping for. there is just no sense of momentum in madden. pick up the europhia engine or something. the game needs a development time of two years
Old 02-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #28
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

I've owned every Madden since the Genesis and almost every NCAA. However this year I'm taking a wait and see approach. For one thing we are having our first child, due in late July. That, in addition to the lackluster games, well I can't see me buying two football games again.

This will be the third straight Madden in which I didn't complete one full season of franchise play. I started and stopped a few times due to patches and roster updates, but I never finished the 2008 season. There are just too many issues, too much frustration with the product. I don't think I've played it since before the Holidays, so my $60 purchase just sits there. I've thought of it a few times, but I would rather play NHL09 instead.

For the 2010 game, I think I would have to be totally blown away by the reviews here as well as gameplay videos and such. I've never rented a game, but that may be a good option.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #29
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I haven't bought Madden in awhile. I've basically been an NCAA exclusive member since the '06 version. I really like what I've been reading about Madden though and think this version could really be good.

There are three things that I prefer in NCAA football - the diversity of teams and how they play, presentation and atmosphere and dynasty mode. Now that Madden finally got announcers last year, I think atmosphere has a chance to finally get where it needs to be. The franchise mode - draft and free agency is stale compared to dynasty mode in NCAA. With the head coach guy working on franchise mode can they improve this? ie. have the cpu trade up and down in the draft, have more bust and boom picks, have agressive and smart cpu teams in free agency as well as players who choose teams appropriately?

I usually only buy one football game since I don't have the time to support both properly. I did get the itch to try Madden since the Dolphins were doing better and I may give it a stronger look this year after largely ignoring it the last few years. Honestly though, the strength of NCAA '10 will have a big part in this decision. If I love that game I may simply pass on Madden again.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Seriously, and I'm not kidding...

Animated Accessories (chin straps, hip towels)

If they have that...I'll go pre-order right now!
why is that such a big deal to you? i hear a lot of people complaning about that stuff not in the game but does it really bother you guys that its not in? i mean what if they decided to do that instead of actual facemask players use? i dont know to me thats like a vanity item madden shouldnt waist time on.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
i'm one of those people where it's like, don't tell me, show me. i don't want stupid trailers and preview videos that show celebrations with some OF THE MOMENT SONG from some crappy punk band...i want to see results.

This is probably the wrong place for you if you dont want to hear about features and improvements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
This is probably the wrong place for you if you dont want to hear about features and improvements.
as i said, it's not that i don't want to hear of them. i just don't see how it makes a difference to YOU or MYSELF, when you can't SEE these improvements. would you rather be told about improvements, or shown? i think the decision is obvious, but because it's ea, we'll never get that option. i don't know about you guys, but i don't care about features or adding 500 new animations every year. i want gameplay issues fixed...show me that they have, and i'll buy the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »