Home

Passing in Madden10 - Devs please address.

This is a discussion on Passing in Madden10 - Devs please address. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2009, 11:35 PM   #17
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Passing in Madden10 - Devs please address.

I totally agree that the passing must be changed in 10. Just the way the ball flies through the air. The best portrayal of a football being thrown in a game IMO has got to be 2k8. The way the ball looks in the air..it really looks like the real deal. Madden just seems so calculated. There are no over or under throws or any varience in the way the ball is thrown.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:53 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkibbles
hahahahahahahahahahaha Omg McNabb sucks. I can't wait till that inaccurate passive aggressive whiny ***** is out of Philadelphia.
Obviously you're not an Eagles fan, because whether you think he's good or not, he's technically the best QB in franchise history....I guess you also missed out on him being voted onto the 75h anniversary team too.....Why don't we get you a pacifier and some DVDs of games from when we had Doug Pederson at QB....You're going to miss McNabb one day.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:06 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 26

let us be able to throw onto a WR back shoulder where only he can make a play, let us be able to throw a jump ball again so big slow WR have a purpose, let us be able to have a WR shove a db like anquan bolden at the line to get seperation, let us be able to have the same thing happen on the goaline so we can throw a little lob for the WR to make a play, lets see QBs with no throw acc. miss, penalize non scrambling QBs for throwing on the run

you say you want players to play like they do in real life but if these additions arent introduced you will fail in making that a reality
Old 02-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

A major rework needs to be done and quite frankly I'm not so certain we're gonna see it. To me the first news regarding Madden 10 should have involved basic gameplay, starting with line play and the passing game. I guess tuning attributes achieves something but, it doesn't really excite me. I love what I'm hearing from the Live guys. No frills. Get gameplay right. Back to Madden.

We need signature styles for the QB's.

Get rid of the spinning, warp speed, non arm motion, magic pass. It is the worse animation in the game. Period.

Have the cpu throw the ball away from time to time.

Better overall logic. It is tough to complete 3rd and long. Pass rushers are teeing off, secondary is solely playing pass. Make windows tighter and passes rushed and less accurate.

More low passes with receivers going to the ground to attempt the catch. Have some bounce in, have some dropped.

Better pocket. Penalize passers for the 20 yard drop back!!!!!

I don't really have an issue dropping the ball in most places. Maybe a tweak is necessary but, don't over do it. I thought 2k's lead passing may have been a bit over done. I could throw behind a receiver running an in route and he could stop on a dime and turn the pattern into a completely different route.

More pass break ups.

Not every errant throw should be a pick.

QB's can throw pretty accurately on the run. Just not against their body. Throwing certain passes when their feet aren't set is a bigger issue. Throw off your back foot, ball should sail.

A great percentage of passes are made to receivers on pre-snap reads. If the cone doesn't make a comeback I feel we should pick our pre-snap receiver based on coverage, or default to the the orange routed receiver. If that receiver is covered, maybe double click to your secondary receiver. Check downs to backs should not need to be double clicked. If you want to look off the secondary focus one direction and double click to the receiver you're trying to hit.

Make there be a difference between stars and scrubs. Maybe this will be where tuning the ratings will come in. I remember wanting to quit some seasons when my QB got hurt. Now they essentially all play the same. JIM SORGI IS NOT PEYTON MANNING!!!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »