Home

Being ran down by an O-lineman (vid inside)

This is a discussion on Being ran down by an O-lineman (vid inside) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Being ran down by an O-lineman (vid inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBoy88
I'm not nearly the size of a nfl linemen but at the time when I played football I was a 5'10 250 right tackle and during one game I ran down a linebacker and a corner back after interceptions not to forget I ran a 4.9 40. This was 4 years ago I probably couldn't do it now.
Did the kid you chased down run a 4.5? Doubt he did, prolly more in the 4.7-4.9 range, also what were the circumstances of this run down? Did they stumble, did they have to reverse field, did they have to stop to elude someone? I'm sorry but thats a useless football story.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
really just look at the number difference. most linemen have 40-55 speed and most CBs and even safties have high 80s(86,87,88,89) to 90+ speed. thats at least a 30 point difference in speed...thats like saying someone runs a 4.40 being caught by someone who runs a 5.10.

besides that a 300 lineman gets tired alot faster then the 180 CB who should have returned that for 6.
True, but the center in the video only had to run about 20 yards (12 yards down the field) and the db ran about 33 yards (29 yards down the field). I really don't see anything out of the ordinary with the center catching him except for the fast reaction.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 6

Plus, how many players do you think run 4.40. Hint-its not as many as you think. You also mentioned fatigue, well the corner had to cover the guy out first, its not like he didn't start running until he caught the ball.

I'm not making any excuses for the game, I just don't see anything wrong this play, especially since it doesn't happen often. Most of my picks seem to go to the house.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 13

I don't see anything wrong with it. They had an angle.

Also, I've picked off numerous passes that same way, and have never been chased down like that, so I can't say it's also ever happened to me.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:58 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EAXSDgKnbw

at 1:20 Reed picks the ball in the back of the endzone and one Olineman that was at the 5-8 yard line manages to reach him at the 50 yard line and can only get near him cz the qb and westbrook slows him down.

do i need to show you more proof that its a messed up play?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EAXSDgKnbw

at 1:20 Reed picks the ball in the back of the endzone and one Olineman that was at the 5-8 yard line manages to reach him at the 50 yard line and can only get near him cz the qb and westbrook slows him down.

do i need to show you more proof that its a messed up play?
Thats some good video evidence.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:00 AM   #39
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Hey..people can defend whatever they want and they can see whatever they want, but a center in that position is never going to chase a DB down who is already going the other way with momentum. Sorry!
Old 02-19-2009, 12:02 AM   #40
All Star

OVR: 33

I quote 'Pythagoras's Theorem'

Its all about angles man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »