Home

Blocking Issues

This is a discussion on Blocking Issues within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Blocking Issues

This could have been addressed, matter a fact i know someone brought this up but still... Madden needs better blocking.

Me and my buddy was playing a game online. Vikings vs the Eagles.
I had choose the Vikings just because of AP n the vikings d. N he choose the eagles cuz of dawkins n samuels.

Whenever i tried to run the ball up the middle, i would only get 1 or 2 yards even if he was dollar packages...

Another problem is when defenders magically come off the o lines blocks n hit the living ish outta my running back...

The last problem is this... I can have 5 blockers against 3 rushers n u will see 2 blockers just stand to the side looking like fans watching me about to get sacked!!!

Someone respond to this please.. i know people hate when this happens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Blocking Issues

The one thing that is missing with Blocking are the big hits when players are not looking. Here is a good example

Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
The one thing that is missing with Blocking are the big hits when players are not looking. Here is a good example

i totally agree with u, if that was in the game... WOW
Old 02-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

I agree this would be a great addition but it should not happen more than once or twice a game.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:

This would be great, but only if its a great animation. I wasnt to fond personally of some of the big hits in past madden games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboogie5
This could have been addressed, matter a fact i know someone brought this up but still... Madden needs better blocking.

I had choose the Vikings just because of AP n the vikings d. N he choose the eagles cuz of dawkins n samuels.

Whenever i tried to run the ball up the middle, i would only get 1 or 2 yards even if he was dollar packages...

Another problem is when defenders magically come off the o lines blocks n hit the living ish outta my running back...

The last problem is this... I can have 5 blockers against 3 rushers n u will see 2 blockers just stand to the side looking like fans watching me about to get sacked!!!

I Totoally Agree with you
Old 02-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboogie5

Still hoping that blocking (OL/DL interaction) changes drastically for 2010. Sprint has been made to make the DL react like fortune tellers, which does not work cause blocking is flawed for now...and I lack screen plays because the OL seems to ignore defenders waiting to decleat the **** out of my HB, or just disturb the pass which probably happens 8 out of every 10 tries.
Still knowing the Madden team has heard the community talk about this kinda reinsures me somewhat that it will change for the better

Quote:

JACKED UP!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

Blocks like that dont happen very often but its typically a smaller player(not offense linemen) like a WR TE or RB thats had time to pick up his speed and hit a player that is off-balanced because he is not expecting the hit.

Im sure Ian and the team are fixing the chop blowing fools of the past. It would be nice to be able to take Hinds Ward and use him for some extra fun laying out people

p.s. shouldnt everyone have some type of blocking skill? most the time WR and RB get a set number thats really pointless(10,15 maybe 20) unless they are Ward, Musa muhamid(sp)panthers WR, Colts running backs. itd be nice to get a few WRs that are big and have good block ratings on a run heavy team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »