Home

Madden 10 Pat White = Madden 04 Mike Vick?

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Pat White = Madden 04 Mike Vick? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #33
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden 10 Pat White = Madden 04 Mike Vick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Just got done creating Mr. Pat White from West Virginia and let me tell you, he is going to be a fun Madden 10 QB / HB / WR.

Right now, everything I'm reading has him trying to stay at Quarterback in the NFL. He wants to be drafted as a QB. How long before they convert him to a HB or WR, who knows. I just read another report saying that Pat White might be the next piece in the Wildcat puzzle, meaning he might be the next big thing for a team like Miami who runs a lot of Wildcat.

Will he be rated as good as Mike Vick in certain areas like Speed and Elusiveness? No, probably not. Vick was still a different type of animal. Whoops, sorry guys, poor choice of words....too soon?

But Pat White is still going to be nice - Speed, Elusive, Nice Arm Strength, great running abilities, Juke, Spin, etc. And yes, his throw accuracy will certainly hold him back from being some sort of monster in the game - he's not a pure passer type of QB by any means.

Just wanted you guys to get a heads up, Pat White is looking like a big time Madden 10 sleeper!

- Donny

PS - Creating the rookies is one of my favorite "tasks " of the year. I always know these rookie ratings are one of the most contraversial things in the world of player ratings, because these guys haven't proven it on the NFL field quite yet....What's cool is that this is probably the closest thing to an NFL scout before the draft! Bet those guys do similar things, break down each and every player and grade him numerically per category....bet we go deeper with our Madden ratings!
This would've been an interesting post had you talked about animation & AI improvements that will allow you to give the Pat White's of the league their true skills without them taking over the league/game.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:42 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Just got done creating Mr. Pat White from West Virginia and let me tell you, he is going to be a fun Madden 10 QB / HB / WR.

Right now, everything I'm reading has him trying to stay at Quarterback in the NFL. He wants to be drafted as a QB. How long before they convert him to a HB or WR, who knows. I just read another report saying that Pat White might be the next piece in the Wildcat puzzle, meaning he might be the next big thing for a team like Miami who runs a lot of Wildcat.

Will he be rated as good as Mike Vick in certain areas like Speed and Elusiveness? No, probably not. Vick was still a different type of animal. Whoops, sorry guys, poor choice of words....too soon?

But Pat White is still going to be nice - Speed, Elusive, Nice Arm Strength, great running abilities, Juke, Spin, etc. And yes, his throw accuracy will certainly hold him back from being some sort of monster in the game - he's not a pure passer type of QB by any means.

Just wanted you guys to get a heads up, Pat White is looking like a big time Madden 10 sleeper!

- Donny

PS - Creating the rookies is one of my favorite "tasks " of the year. I always know these rookie ratings are one of the most contraversial things in the world of player ratings, because these guys haven't proven it on the NFL field quite yet....What's cool is that this is probably the closest thing to an NFL scout before the draft! Bet those guys do similar things, break down each and every player and grade him numerically per category....bet we go deeper with our Madden ratings!
is this our confirmation post that speed is ONCE AGAIN king in madden?

i hate being 28. i cant be conned into buying something like americas youth can be
Old 02-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sim God
is this our confirmation post that speed is ONCE AGAIN king in madden?

i hate being 28. i cant be conned into buying something like americas youth can be
Speed was one of five strengths that stand out with Mr. White, that I mentioned in the above post. Read into it what you want to, I just thought it would be cool to share some inside info with you guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #36
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Speed was one of five strengths that stand out with Mr. White, that I mentioned in the above post. Read into it what you want to, I just thought it would be cool to share some inside info with you guys.
Maybe you can tell us what his speed rating is? This will give us a good idea on how the game might play. It seems in the past you guys have reduced qb speed as a way to keep the game balanced. If you tell us his speed is 90 or above, then hopefully the AI and other defensive adjustments in the game will be able to control him without artificially dropping his speed. Theoretically, his speed should be close to someone like maybe Steve Slaton, his former teammate at WVU...maybe a little faster even.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
First, let me say that I hereby allow myself to interpret Donny's mentions of the Wildcat as the first official confirmation that the celebrated formation will be included in Madden 10.

Thank you, Madden Team! Design and test the Wildcat with care.

Second, rookie evaluation is fun and necessary. I mean, seriously, how have I've gotten this excited for the NFL Combine? I'm recording days of coverage. See what the NFL Network has done to me?

There is no off-season. There isn't even an off-season for Madden. I was convinced that I'd take a few months off from Operation Sports. And here I am. In February. Reading about Pat White. And loving every second of it!

The NFL Network begins its NFL Combine coverage on Friday. Gruden will be there as an analyst. That should be entertaining.

Thanks for the post, Donny!
Ha, nice try Details!! I am in no way confirming that the Wildcat is in Madden 10. We have released no playbook information about Madden 10 so far. Just trying to give you some insight into what the scouts are saying about Pat White and how that plays a significant role in how we project his pro skills into Madden.

But stay posted folks, our playbook gurus Anthony "A-Dubb" White and the legendary Former University of Florida Quarterback / playbook founding father, Larry Richart will be blogging on all the new playbook hotness in the near future.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 26

so you do player ratings before the draft? i always felt that their stats were sloped from the first of first to the last pick of the draft.

most players followed the curve of being worse when they were drafted later. if pat white goes in the 5th round are you going to cut down his awareness to maintain that bell curve?(not a fan of this method)

could you maybe tell us where rookies stand overall with the new streched ratings?
Old 02-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
so you do player ratings before the draft? i always felt that their stats were sloped from the first of first to the last pick of the draft.

most players followed the curve of being worse when they were drafted later. if pat white goes in the 5th round are you going to cut down his awareness to maintain that bell curve?(not a fan of this method)

could you maybe tell us where rookies stand overall with the new streched ratings?
We do ratings before the draft, during the draft, and post draft. All the way up to ship. These things are constantly in motion. Again, we are talking about numbers trying to depict things like a player's awareness or his spectacular catch rating. It's more of an art than a science if you ask me.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 26

do yall have someone watching the combine and pro days coming up? I personally cant wait...even though ill have to record them while im at work.

could you give us a hint to what the rookies overalls range is as of present or is that to much?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »