Home

Ian can you PLEASE concentrate on Agility and Acceleration

This is a discussion on Ian can you PLEASE concentrate on Agility and Acceleration within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Ian can you PLEASE concentrate on Agility and Acceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sim God
jacobs is quick on his feet, nothing like bradshaw but he has quick feet. in madden jacobs shouldnt run like a snow truck making a left hand turn.
Agreed, if anything I thiink Jacobs "dances" too much in the backfield and doesn't hit the hole as hard or as quick as I'd like/expect for a guy his size. He can definitely move though
Old 02-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 39

Do we not think the spreading out of ratings will correct this?
Old 02-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias

Yes, and no. Yes, but something needs to be done to distinguish quicker guys from the guys who are not quick. We know that players who have speed will be able to separate, but quick guys who may not have great speed but are very quick initially should be able to work very well in short space (5-10 yards)

Thats what made Vick so lethal...he was fast but he was also lightning quick from a stand still...now add all the agility he had and wholla...

I think Apex hit the nail on the head with this thread. My only thing is we need to be selective, because some players defy these usually true/broad steriotypes.

All I'm saying is, some guys are unique animals. You have your balling balls (power FB's) who make amazing catches over & over again like Mike Alstott...so, while I do agree with Apex...there are exceptions to these rules.

Last edited by Guillotine 1; 02-19-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
i sure hope so, also they need to find a balance between the raw physical skills and the more intangeble skills like the elusiveness, ball carrier vision, and awareness
Old 02-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
No, not really.

I think Apex hit the nial on the head with this thread. My only thing is we need to be selective, because some players defy these usually true/broad steriotypes.

All I'm saying is, some guys are unique animals. You have your balling balls (power FB's) who make amazing catches over & over again like Mike Alstott...so, while I do agree with Apex...there are exceptions to these rules.
agreed, this is maybe where the intangebles come in, "how well can this guy use his physical str in the game on the field
Old 02-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 25

The topic in this thread is the reason why you never see big plays/long plays in Madden that don't go for six points often.

Take a real quick guy like Cris Carter, well Cris can't outrun DRC. But he'll use his route running ability and his quickness to create separation...when the ball comes he catches & goes upfield...but DRC will catch back up to him and push him out of bounds. The play may be a 27 yard gain or a 37 yard gain depending on the depth of the route.

Right now, in Madden DB's & WR's don't play the chase & keep up game. They don't really win or lose individual battles during the play.

DB's should take a momentary rating hit everytime they come out of their backpaddle and the ones with fluid hips should get less of a rating drop. But the DB's can't be able to just go from backpeddling to running full tride with the WR...this is why WR's don't get real separation in Madden.

Some thing with RB's & LB's & TE's...The players all seem to kinda glide around on the field when it comes to change of direction...and its at these moments when the rating count the most!
Old 02-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
The topic in this thread is the reason why you never see big plays/long plays in Madden that don't go for six points often.

Take a real quick guy like Cris Carter, well Cris can't outrun DRC. But he'll use his route running ability and his quickness to create separation...when the ball comes he catches & goes upfield...but DRC will catch back up to him and push him out of bounds. The play may be a 27 yard gain or a 37 yard gain depending on the depth of the route.

Right now, in Madden DB's & WR's don't play the chase & keep up game. They don't really win or lose individual battles during the play.

DB's should take a momentary rating hit everytime they come out of their backpaddle and the ones with fluid hips should get less of a rating drop. But the DB's can't be able to just go from backpeddling to running full tride with the WR...this is why WR's don't get real separation in Madden.

Some thing with RB's & LB's & TE's...The players all seem to kinda glide around on the field when it comes to change of direction...and its at these moments when the rating count the most!
wow man,those r some great points, because when i see monentary rating hits, i think of physics and momentum because when a wr/rb is running their route the object is to take advanage of the defenders' shift in momentum (basically shake the socks off of the defender til the wr/rb/te can break free) but the defenders is usually sliding all over the place and dont seem t be defending the player, kinda reminds me of 989 studios nfl gameday, but yeah man, u and the op bring up some great points
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Yes, and no. Yes, but something needs to be done to distinguish quicker guys from the guys who are not quick. We know that players who have speed will be able to separate, but quick guys who may not have great speed but are very quick initially should be able to work very well in short space (5-10 yards)

Thats what made Vick so lethal...he was fast but he was also lightning quick from a stand still...now add all the agility he had and wholla...

I think Apex hit the nail on the head with this thread. My only thing is we need to be selective, because some players defy these usually true/broad steriotypes.

Agreed 100%, their are Exceptions to everything

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »