Home

Change Of Direction Animations

This is a discussion on Change Of Direction Animations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Change Of Direction Animations

Hell yeah, to the OP. From time to time, those DB also need an animation where they stumble and have to turn the burners on to catch up.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 27

I'll tell you where there is one transition that needed to be fixed *(and hopefully they got to it)... the one where a player helps another guy off the ground. It's great to have it in there, but the transition is just not right. You see guys doing 360's or turning on some kind of 6th sense to recognize someone is on the ground, and then offering a hand out of the blue.

Back in 07 when they cutscened that it looked much better. It was very smooth. If you have Madden 07, check out the player-helping-a-player-get-up cutscene.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

AGREED!!! And PLEASE no more steroid arms!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sounds like someone just has problems passing. The Corners should be slower and the WR should be faster? Uh huh. "Without pronounced change of direction animations the players can negociate too much distance. I think this is a big reason why plays in Madden NFL 09 don't resemble plays from the NFL regular season." And I'm guessing this quote applies only to the cornerbacks.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiy360
Sounds like someone just has problems passing. The Corners should be slower and the WR should be faster? Uh huh. "Without pronounced change of direction animations the players can negociate too much distance. I think this is a big reason why plays in Madden NFL 09 don't resemble plays from the NFL regular season." And I'm guessing this quote applies only to the cornerbacks.

Jay-

I actually am a much better passer, than a runner offensively. However, I am balanced in my attempts at each...so I basically get more production out of my passing game.

I have no problem reading defenses, understanding coverages, or identifying blitzes. I know what protections to call, and while I can say I don't know everything...I would definately disagree with your assertion that i may be having problems due to my own enability.

No matter if I am having success or not, the point is to get the technique right & have the defenders play more realistic. My comment was not limited to the defense...but they were the focus of the thread.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:12 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiy360
Sounds like someone is being a prick. But anyway, you can look at it 2 ways. You can treat this like an arcade game, and find plays and routes that seem to be money, and use them excessively, with very little strategy used during your passing attack.

OR

You can view this as a football simulation game, and we can ask that players on the field have the ability to do things as in real life, so that you can read coverages and the field, and make passing decisions based on what is front of you.

Is that too much to ask?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »