Home

Quarterback Passing And decisions

This is a discussion on Quarterback Passing And decisions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Quarterback Passing And decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
1st one should have been a possible throw but I have seen jackson overthrow easier easier more open passes in real life. The only problem I see was that the safety seemed to expect the ball before it was thrown like he knew it would be an overthrow.

2nd one was trying to throw a bullet pass around 28 yards with 2 guys between you and the receiver. Also watching it, hard to tell from the angle shown, but I would guess that it was thrown as a bullet pass without even trying to put it high. For the first guy to make a play might be a little off, that would be a heck of a play for a LB and one he probably shouldn't make but that is a very tough throw in any case.

3rd one you are trying to throw a pretty deep pass without putting much air at all under it. There was really no throw that should have been made to that receiver unless it was desperation and there was noone else to throw to. Can't put air under it or the safety is there and he has 2 guys sitting just short of the receiver. Sure it is peyton but that throw just isn't there. The only way to do the would be throw it at the pylon and hope the reciever can beat everyone to it.

4th one is the worst of them. it is a throw that should actually be made and should be completed most of the time. The ball started ahead of the reciever and even though the receiver was between the defender and the ball the defender is still able to react instantly to its change of direction as though he knew the receiver was going to lose the ball behind him.

Most of them weren't really bad unrealistic throws fro the throws being attempted.
I dont think I made my point clear..Im not saying these bad passes dont happen. My complaint is that this type of passes happen all the time in madden. And thats whats not real. bullet passes dont have to be thrown in a straight line either, but thats the only option you have in madden. For the qbs with more accuracy, you should be able to throw a bullet pass thrown over the dbs heads and dropped into the receivers hands. You dont see that in madden..not yet.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Quarterback Passing And decisions

Honestly, 3 of those passes just show an inability to make the proper throw.

The Peterson pass should have been a softer throw leading to the right. TJack overthrows alot on bullet passes, as do most of the crappy QBs that have a strong arm.

The tipped one on the sidelines was a ball thrown late. You can tell because the WR is just standing there when the defender makes the play(an entirely different problem that needs fixing). had it been thrown earlier it wouldve been complete.

the 'possession wr' one is just a db catching a ball thrown right at him. it was a poor throw.

the one good pass is the only one that struck me as BS--when the ball goes through a WRs hands on the backside and the defender acts like he knew it would end up there all along.

I've said it before and I'll say it again--There are more types of passes in 09 than bullets and lobs. It is possible to drop a ball over a LB and shallow of a safety. It is possible to use the lead pass feature to 'take somethign off' on sideline routes. It is possible to float a ball without lobbing it. It is possible to have low trajectory without throwing a canon-shot bullet pass.

If your thowing INT's like this all the time then, quite frankly, your just doing it wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 02-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 25

I see nothing wrong here.

You basically have a inaccurate QB, and I can't rightfully argue that T. Jackson should be much more accurate then he presently is in Madden 09.

Sorry-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2009, 07:22 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 20

I think tavaris as well as most every quarterback in this game is actually too accurate if you know how to make the throws
Old 02-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #13
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

My take:
1st video clip: The player takes control of the WR before the ball is thrown and it looks like he does not run the correct route. result INT Player error.

2nd clip would not play

3rd clip the WR was double covered and that ball should not have been thrown. Result INT again player error.

4th clip game glitch, programmer error.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 13

other than the last video (which infuriates me as much as when the db puts his arms through my body to intercept the ball) i don't really see the problem with these passes... if anything i wish they'd happen more,

the first one, as others seem to have stated, was an inaccurate pass from tjack (an innaccurate passer funnily enough) thrown to a hb (peterson) that has barely shown any ability as a reciever in the league (infact chester comes in on 3rd down cos peterson sucks as a receiver).

the second video was a bad angle to watch from so it's hard to comment... it looked like the throw was too low but the db dd well. (the ball physics was ugly for the other db to intercept though)

the third vid was an uncontested interception... every db would catch that imo.

the 4th video was unrealistic but it doesn't happen that often and it's not a passing problem it's a catching problem.

so i can say i disagree with your post but moreso because your examples weren't terribly appropriate...

HOWEVER... i agree passing isn't particularly good in the game though, i don't feel like i have complete control or variety in passing... it's either bullet or a moon throw- give goldilocks the right temperature.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:01 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski

the 4th video was unrealistic but it doesn't happen that often and it's not a passing problem it's a catching problem.
Actually, I don't think it was that much of a catching problem. Dropped passes happen, I am alright with that. It is more of a defensive reaction problem. There are only 2 things that would have made sense for that defender and that would have been going for the ball which had been ahead of the receiver until he changed its path. That change would have been too quick for a defender trying to move to get the ball in its original path to react to. The other option would have been to be going for the receiver in which case he should have hit the receiver. The only way to make that play would have been to predict that the receiver was going to drop the ball and it would fly out behind him before the ball even got to the receiver. That would never happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 26

i think that more "wild" balls like the 1st video should happen.

the 4th clip is what everyone has come to know as magnet ball where it just magically goes to the defender because you are playing on all-madden. its gay but there isnt much we can do about it besides hope it doesnt occur in 2010

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »