Home

Man Coverage

This is a discussion on Man Coverage within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Man Coverage

They really need a few things to fix man coverage. First they need an adaptable AI based off their awareness and play recognition and man coverage rating. If the WR they are running is constantly running curls, then they should eventually jump that route. Second they also need an option to shade WR's inside or outside. They used to have this back in the day. I know some users will just throw in the middle, while others will try to the flats all day. Shading could help this.

I don't understand the point of smart weapons and lockdown corners if they are almost useless in Man. Smart Weapons should be able to jump the route if the WR runs it 2 or 3 times in a row and lock down corners should be more physical on the line.

Just some thoughts, because I am sick of seeing zone this year. Last year man coverage worked well and was more realistic.

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Man Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
They really need a few things to fix man coverage. First they need an adaptable AI based off their awareness and play recognition and man coverage rating. If the WR they are running is constantly running curls, then they should eventually jump that route. Second they also need an option to shade WR's inside or outside. They used to have this back in the day. I know some users will just throw in the middle, while others will try to the flats all day. Shading could help this.

I don't understand the point of smart weapons and lockdown corners if they are almost useless in Man. Smart Weapons should be able to jump the route if the WR runs it 2 or 3 times in a row and lock down corners should be more physical on the line.

Just some thoughts, because I am sick of seeing zone this year. Last year man coverage worked well and was more realistic.
I agree..but i think db play should also show more contact like in real life..in the game they only touch the wide receiver in two situations..if they are pressing them..and then when it comes to the actual tackle..but in real life physical corners are all over the receiver..they should also bring in animations this year where you the viewer can actually see if there was pass interference or not..not just because the two player models got too close to eachother.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »