Home

Refs on Field in '10?

This is a discussion on Refs on Field in '10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2009, 07:15 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Refs on Field in '10?

Having refs on the field really doesnt seem all that important to me. Sure its a bit more realistic but i would rather time was spent on other aspects
Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Having refs on the field really doesnt seem all that important to me. Sure its a bit more realistic but i would rather time was spent on other aspects
I think 99% would disagree. We are all stating the importants of presentation. The Referee's and chain gang are a must. It shouldnt even be a option not to have them. We have had referees and chain gangs for many years, why wouldnt they be in the game? I can see the statement that referee's dont need to interact with players on the fields right now, but seriously in 2010, I think they should even do that right now. Im not someone who thinks 2 or 3 good features a year is good enough. We need a good game now. "The time is at hand good people at EA"
Old 02-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #11
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I think 99% would disagree. We are all stating the importants of presentation. The Referee's and chain gang are a must. It shouldnt even be a option not to have them. We have had referees and chain gangs for many years, why wouldnt they be in the game? I can see the statement that referee's dont need to interact with players on the fields right now, but seriously in 2010, I think they should even do that right now. Im not someone who thinks 2 or 3 good features a year is good enough. We need a good game now. "The time is at hand good people at EA"

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11

This many years in on the current-gen console, there's no excuse not to have them in. They should be in.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
It is extremely important. Watch MLB THE SHOW and see how all the little things that happens "outside" of you playing. Like a batter getting struck out, getting up set throwing bat, walking to dugout, etc. It all adds to the presentation and realism of the game.

That is like saying get rid of cheerleaders at footbal games. There is no purpose for them other than to supply eye candy. BUT we all love eye candy
Old 02-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
refs are important in real life as they are used as screens for WR's. it is important in video games because they can have similar effect and immersion factor is better. it works for so many other games.

refs in baseball calling the strike zone differently and making emphatic out/safe calls add to the atmosphere.

refs in video hockey games actually get in the way of the puck sometimes, a feature you can actually turn on/off.

in apf 2k8 you can run into, around or even knock over the ref. that is a cool immersion portion of that game.

and basketball games would not have anywhere near the immersion level if the refs weren't there calling fouls and handling free throw & inbounds sets.

i just got this game and have only played one game. i was so busy trying to understand the controls, i didn't notice there weren't refs. this is something i would likely have noticed over time but possibly may never have noticed. but i do know this: when you have refs on the field done right, it something you appreciatively notice and it really adds to the atmosphere.

Last edited by Radja; 02-25-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #15
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Refs will be in Madden 10.

It's going to take time to heal, though. LOL. Four years without refs. Four years. Did that really happen? At least APF 2K8 came along and helped us through the dark period.

Right now, the players are alone on the field. No one is officiating! That's never looked right.

I hope a ref is included in the first Madden 10 screenshot. I may cry. Years of neglect will do that to you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 04:20 PM   #16
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Last gen had it why not Next Gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »