Home

Madden Test Video Pt.1 (Awareness)

This is a discussion on Madden Test Video Pt.1 (Awareness) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How do you feel after watching this video?
Shocked! 4 10.00%
Not Shocked Because I Was Aware Of This Issue 24 60.00%
I Knew About This But Didn't Know It Was This Bad 12 30.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2009, 11:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: Madden Test Video Pt.1 (Awareness)

Like mentioned this seems to be more of a problem with the curl route in this game. At least with Asomugha's awareness we see him on the receiver's step-for-step but for whatever reason fails to fight the receiver for the ball.

If it was anyone with less then a 90 rating on awareness, they probably would of ran 5 yards up-field before recognizing the receivers cut.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCummingsFriend
maybe they are programmed to jump back so he won't get burned on the pump'n go. If they jumped that route everytime, then you could run pump'n go and corners would get burn. Maybe have an option as a user to tell defenders to play "aggressive" or "safe" for each play.

Well even if he was able to stop the curl route and tried to go to the "Pump N Go" a cornerback of his caliber SHOULD pick that up meaning that he should be AWARE of ANYTHING with such a high awareness rating. Awareness means nothing and if your awareness is at a certain level you SHOULD read EVERYTHING no matter what route a receiver runs
Old 02-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin4QB
Well even if he was able to stop the curl route and tried to go to the "Pump N Go" a cornerback of his caliber SHOULD pick that up meaning that he should be AWARE of ANYTHING with such a high awareness rating. Awareness means nothing and if your awareness is at a certain level you SHOULD read EVERYTHING no matter what route a receiver runs
Well just because he has a high awareness doesn't mean he can't get burned. I don't think it has to do with awareness but more agressiveness, going for the interception. He doesn't know the play they are running. He's assuming it's a curl route with the WR turning and stopping as if the ball as if the ball is coming and the quarterback looking his way. You pump fake and you can get him hook, line, and sinker if he's playing the INT. If he's playing conservative then he'll come up and keep the ball infront of him, when the reciever turns and runs...turn on those jets lol.

Trying to program something like this in a game, seems like it could be a challenge. That's why I like the idea of aggressive play or conservative. You decide how you want them to play. Play the ball or play the WR.

I see your point though. Nice vid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 11:53 PM   #12
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Very nice work on the video.

There are more than a few things that bug me about how Madden '09' plays. But nothing bugs me more than having DB's, especially highly rated ones [AWR] just stand there and not react to the ball/receiver.

The new Madden team seems serious about a more sim experience for future games. So hopefully things like this will be addressed.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:57 PM   #13
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

For better quality, next time don't show the same part of the play 5 times in slow mo, back and forth etc. Once or twice is enough. Too apex-like
Old 02-26-2009, 12:08 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCummingsFriend
Well just because he has a high awareness doesn't mean he can't get burned. I don't think it has to do with awareness but more agressiveness, going for the interception. He doesn't know the play they are running. He's assuming it's a curl route with the WR turning and stopping as if the ball as if the ball is coming and the quarterback looking his way. You pump fake and you can get him hook, line, and sinker if he's playing the INT. If he's playing conservative then he'll come up and keep the ball infront of him, when the reciever turns and runs...turn on those jets lol.

Trying to program something like this in a game, seems like it could be a challenge. That's why I like the idea of aggressive play or conservative. You decide how you want them to play. Play the ball or play the WR.

I see your point though. Nice vid.
"You decide how you want them to play. Play the ball or play the WR."

Thanks for watching the video and i appreciate it but my POINT exactly now think about it like this.....Say Ian and crew read the aggressive or conservative idea you had and slapped "New" feature next to it on the cover........WHAT IS THE POINT IF HE GETS TO THE BALL AND ACTS LIKE A ZOMBIE?......they get to the ball perfectly now in madden but the ability to make a play isn't possible with the defect in the reaction so aggresive or not im trying to get them to fix their ability to actually make plays no look cool attempting to do it
Old 02-26-2009, 12:14 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oChaos_Nine
For better quality, next time don't show the same part of the play 5 times in slow mo, back and forth etc. Once or twice is enough. Too apex-like

Thanks for the advice but i either showed the play once and then showed in slow motion close up so you can see whats actually happening because if i didnt whats the point?. The purpose of the video is not entertainment but for educating developers on a major flaw in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2009, 02:42 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Good work Blazin!! You are on the right path with this, but the problem isn't soley a "awareness" issue per say. If you would've picked a zone defense like Cover 4 against that curl route then you would've got different results from the best DB in Osumgha(sp?). The real problem in Madden is the Man to Man defense. Man defense is terrible as slower wideouts or TE's can burn DB's faster than them.

But on a different subject, it can be argued that the speed ratings mean nothing. Why do players on offense get a speed boost when you make an INT? I made several INT's and I've noticed that on my run back that the QB' s and offensive linemen become super quick, which is annoying when you see a 65 speed rated QB throw a pick, then run down a 92 speed rated CB to save the TD. So annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »