Home

DLC - What Would You Pay For?

This is a discussion on DLC - What Would You Pay For? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
DLC - What Would You Pay For?

I have been thinking about this for awhile -

Gamer Pics?
Themes?
Classic Teams?
New Stadiums?

The only thing I would pay extra for is Offline Franchise Stats for EASW.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: DLC - What Would You Pay For?

A play editor that is as powerful as the one that was in Front Page Sports Football.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 62

What would I pay extra for, what a great thread idea!

I know there would be some massive licensing issues, but I would pay for a game mode where you could start the NFL over from almost any year and start your dynasty mode there. The Drafts would be the actual drafts from that year (which could be randomized a little so it isn't easy to know who to take). At the very least I'd love to be able to do this for a season mode, where I could take say the 1993 NFL season with accurate rosters and schedules to be able to enjoy the current game with old rosters. Obviously I'd want authentic uniforms, I wouldn't want to play the 1993 Bucs with the 2009 uniforms for example. This would be a massive undertaking and I could never expect it in a game for $60, but I'd gladly pay for the DLC after the fact.

I'd love for the consoles to be able to embrace the after market modding community to make some of these things happen. Take the Sierra Football Pro games, out of the box they weren't really anything special, but the after market community made those games amazing. I wish this could be embraced today.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 62

I couldn't pay extra for that because it was available in the EARLY 90's!, it should therefore be a standard feature in 2009.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Gamer Pics?
Themes?
Classic Teams?
New Stadiums?
None of those things.

I really don't want to see DLC this year. I mean. You think its nice, but you know, I've spent enough money on this franchise of football games. I've bought every single one since 2002(NCAA & Madden). Just get everything in the game possible and leave nothing out. It may seem unrealistic, but thats how I feel.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

In these times.....

not a damn thing.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 03-01-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

If Online Franchise doesnt make it into 2010 I would pay for them to add it at some point. Cause it adds that much replay value to the game. Yea you can say well we shouldnt have to since it was in Ncaa09 but I still would cause I love the feature.

Or any new Big feature's that would add to the game after it was already released. Its kinda like the same reason we DL new maps cause they add to the game. Why not it be things that would prolong the longevity of playing the current Madden released.

You will always have some who will say "I aint paying for nothing , it should have come in the game to begin with". Well you could say that about anything you pay for through DL. Like maps/new missions/new cars/bikes/ songs...Ect....

If I thought it would make the gaming better I would spend the extra $ on it.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #8
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

If through DLC they could add some of the old teams and stadiums, I think I'd be willing to pay for it. Such as...

The Baltimore Colts back at Memorial Stadium.
The Los Angles Rams at the Coliseum.
The Vikings at the Met.

To have the Rams come back into the old Met in December again...yeah I'd pay for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »