Home

Any chance we can get some franchise info?

This is a discussion on Any chance we can get some franchise info? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Any chance we can get some franchise info?

I'm really hoping there is a big overhaul with franchise mode. I already started a thread about the salary cap, but I just thought I should note my friends and I finished our 11th season and there is just 1 FA who wasn't there already end of last season.

1 FA!?

Again, Franchise mode has some very serious hangups that need adressing. I believe these are top priority;

1. Fix the salary cap model

It's cool to make the cap increase each season, but not at the rate of 09. Maybe a couple million here and there. I forgot was 2k was but it was a set amount each season, like 2.3m or something.

2. Better FA mix

Hopefully fixing the salary cap model will fix this issue as well. Just wrapped up a season that had just 1 new FA. Yikes.

3. Add create a player option to franchise mode

Annoying because if you want to add a friend to your franchise you have to start over.

4. Draft Logic

The CPU needs to take the right player, I'd also like to see a mock draft a la 2k5. That kind of tells you if you need to trade up or down or what to get your man.

5. Draft Players

Need better, more varied progression with players. Playing time should be huge for guys. If I draft a 3rd round CB who is 76 and starts or even plays nickel he should sometimes get a nice rating boost next season. Not all the time though. I feel if players should have a ceiling. Maybe I draft a 65 G in the 5th round and because I have a good coaching staff he progressing a bit each year and eventually hits a ceiling of say 90. We need more 3rd and 4th round guys that a couple seasons in could be studs. We also need more guys in the 1st and 2nd who are duds. Maybe I draft a WR who is great out of the gate, 85, but then has a poor season and dips to a 81. Samething the opposite way too, he has a great season and jumps to a 89.

There's plenty more but I'll stop there. Just adding my .02 cents and hoping we can get some franchise info from the designers soon, at least what they are focusing on. Thanks.

Last edited by SwayGod53; 03-03-2009 at 03:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 04:56 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Any chance we can get some franchise info?

Soon enough. Some exciting blogs to come.

Please make the blogs every monday though however so miniscule the information will be.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
I'm really hoping there is a big overhaul with franchise mode. I already started a thread about the salary cap, but I just thought I should note my friends and I finished our 11th season and there is just 1 FA who wasn't there already end of last season.

1 FA!?

Again, Franchise mode has some very serious hangups that need adressing. I believe these are top priority;

1. Fix the salary cap model

It's cool to make the cap increase each season, but not at the rate of 09. Maybe a couple million here and there. I forgot was 2k was but it was a set amount each season, like 2.3m or something.

2. Better FA mix

Hopefully fixing the salary cap model will fix this issue as well. Just wrapped up a season that had just 1 new FA. Yikes.

3. Add create a player option to franchise mode

Annoying because if you want to add a friend to your franchise you have to start over.

4. Draft Logic

The CPU needs to take the right player, I'd also like to see a mock draft a la 2k5. That kind of tells you if you need to trade up or down or what to get your man.

5. Draft Players

Need better, more varied progression with players. Playing time should be huge for guys. If I draft a 3rd round CB who is 76 and starts or even plays nickel he should sometimes get a nice rating boost next season. Not all the time though. I feel if players should have a ceiling. Maybe I draft a 65 G in the 5th round and because I have a good coaching staff he progressing a bit each year and eventually hits a ceiling of say 90. We need more 3rd and 4th round guys that a couple seasons in could be studs. We also need more guys in the 1st and 2nd who are duds. Maybe I draft a WR who is great out of the gate, 85, but then has a poor season and dips to a 81. Samething the opposite way too, he has a great season and jumps to a 89.

There's plenty more but I'll stop there. Just adding my .02 cents and hoping we can get some franchise info from the designers soon, at least what they are focusing on. Thanks.
All EXCELLENT points!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:42 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

All great points.

Draft day and beyond is suppose to be the bigger announcements.

That's where I figure franchise will be announced, sometime in that timeframe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »