Home

Big Offensive sets vs. Nickel-Dime Defenses

This is a discussion on Big Offensive sets vs. Nickel-Dime Defenses within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-08-2009, 01:15 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Big Offensive sets vs. Nickel-Dime Defenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
08 DE contain glitch.
Ok then my follow up question would be why are we talking about 08 glitches when they aren't prevelant in 09?

You can't say fix an 08 glitch if it wasn't in 09's game, they've obviously already corrected it.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:44 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
Ok then my follow up question would be why are we talking about 08 glitches when they aren't prevelant in 09?

You can't say fix an 08 glitch if it wasn't in 09's game, they've obviously already corrected it.
I didn't think that's what we were talking about. Quarters is still the best defense in the game even in 09, that's what I thought was under discussion.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:53 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 33

Imo dime is the best base set. You have speed on speed. And 4 bodies on the line is better than 3.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #20
Pro

Senor_Herbatron's Arena

OVR: 21

In 08 if the defense came out in a dime and you ran the ball they'd pay for it pretty hard. This year like you said it seems they still find a way to make a play on the ball.

All I do is play online in leagues anyway. Sim, straight balling is the way to go.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #21
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

look at this NCAA video.

http://files.filefront.com/quartersc.../fileinfo.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #22
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
Trust me, it is. What was great was, in 08 if done right (glitch), when your 5 O-linemen would consistantly get beat by 3 rushing down linemen, on both the run and the pass. Nothing better than watching your max protect blocking get beat by 3 defenders.
If you play quarter man / press / man align you can win shut down power run formations. Its a problem with the the blocking system, lineman and TE's just dont block on various levels like they should.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
EA Devs, could you guys please look into this before the game ships?

This issue has been in the game for as long as I can remember.

(for example) 2TE - 1 WR sets, historicly can be defended by Dime packages in this franchise and that's just RIDICULOUS!

Same goes for Power I formations vs. Dime Defenses. It's a tactic users use ALOT online and it should be TOTALLY scrapped from the game.

Something needs to be done to force opponents to use the correct personnel packages during games. Right now, it's VERY possible for someone to use Dime packages exclusively in the Madden franchise and has always been this way.

The issue vs. the AI is there also.

I can use Nickel and Dime packages vs. CPU Powerr run formations without the risk of being punished. This has got to be corrected.

Any team IRL, would get man handled in the run game, if they trotted out Dime/Nickel packages vs. Power run packages.

This problem is getting to the point of making the game 'almost' unplayable because, it has been around for soooooo long.

Please take the time to iron out this issue and force players (and the user vs the AI) to use the correct packages when on defense.

I'm at my wits end with this issue.

thanks
Ian has stated before, ''what you see on Sunday you will see in Madden 2010'', that should answer your question.
" Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs to take talking lessons. The man needs to take fighting lessons. And since he's fighting me, he needs falling lessons."

Muhammad Ali...
Old 03-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #24
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX CASCABEL Xx
Ian has stated before, ''what you see on Sunday you will see in Madden 2010'', that should answer your question.
lol seriously? you think everything we see on sunday will we see in madden 2010? everything? cmon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »