Home

Realistic Kicking game idea, need opinions

This is a discussion on Realistic Kicking game idea, need opinions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8
Realistic Kicking game idea, need opinions

Posted this in the NCAA News section on MM, then in the Madden section trying to drum up some opinions on it and if it's well liked and/or modified slightly, maybe push for EA to implement it in Madden 2011.

So, thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself as FSU Cowboy on MM
You know what would be a sweet as hell addition for the kicking game? How about as you pull back on the right stick, the Kicker starts his motion forward and at the right moment, you swing the stick forward to actually kick the ball. As you are going through the kicking motions, the left stick actually is used to indicate where you are wanting to kick the ball at, i.e. holding the left stick at a slightly lower spot on the Y-axis will cause the kicker to kick on the lower portion of the ball.

Swinging the stick straight will actually cause the kicker to kick the ball in a straight line but the kicker's accuracy rating will actually determine how straight. A '99' rating means that you have all the leeway in the world with your up-swing on the right analog stick but a '56' accuracy means you don't have much room for error.

At the same time, how hard you push forward will determine how much power was put into the kick but once again, a kicker with '99' power rating has more leeway, meaning he won't require such a forceful up-swing on the analog stick as a kicker with '56' power rating would in order to kick long distances.

This system would actually allow for touch-kicking instead of the generic down-&-up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Realistic Kicking game idea, need opinions

I have a whole thread about special teams, it be cool if you posted it there I'd like to see more additions to that thread, and more additions to special teams in the game.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

anythings better than the 100% automatic kicks we have now
Old 03-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

What did they do in 2k8? wasnt it something similar? I dont remember if thats where i read bout it or not.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
What did they do in 2k8? wasnt it something similar? I dont remember if thats where i read bout it or not.
lol. Not exactly the same, but strikingly similar. The only difference is you didn't do anything with the left stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1994
lol. Not exactly the same, but strikingly similar. The only difference is you didn't do anything with the left stick.
Good to know
For the record i like the idea. Pro kickers do miss extra points and its always funny (unless your the Saints and that extra point costs you the playoff in the final minutes of a week 17 game)
Old 03-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

h man, i remember that, after that crazy play they had for a touchdown. woulda been terrible to be a saints fan at that moment.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 39

All they need to do is to remove the kick meter. Make us judge by the wind from the goal post socks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »