Home

MADDEN 10 IDEAS FOR IAN CUMMINGS

This is a discussion on MADDEN 10 IDEAS FOR IAN CUMMINGS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 05:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 13
MADDEN 10 IDEAS FOR IAN CUMMINGS

Anybody have a great idea for Madden 10, post them here and maybe hell read them.

Here are Mine:

Hey Ian Cummings,
!!!!PLEASE READ THIS IT WILL HELP YOU GUYS A LOT!!!!
This blog I’m leaving is very long because it is about the attention to detail about some different aspects of Madden NFL 09 that should be fixed on the next upcoming Madden NFL 10. First I’ll start off with the in-game mode. Below are the ideas I had in mind:
fficeffice" />>>
1) You turn on the TV every Sunday to watch your favorite team play America's best game. The first thing you see is a blimp overview of the home team stadium with Al Michaels and John Madden saying, "Hello and welcome to Sunday Night Football." I think you understand where I’m coming from. then after that it goes to an in-the booth view where you see Al Michaels, John Madden, and the rest of the crew talking about the match up, with cut scenes of the players warming up, but not in full pads or anything just like the uniforms used in the mini games. Then it goes back to the booth scene where John Madden says "The coin toss is about to start lets go down to the field to get a closer look. Then it cuts to the coin toss scene where you actually see the players choosing heads or tales. Then after that, you have the kick off.
>>
2) Coaches are probably some of the most important aspects of NFL football, but do you really ever see them in madden? No, not really. Coaches need to be a lot more involved with Madden NFL 10. Everywhere from cut scenes talking to players to scenes just of them calling plays, and not just the Head Coaches, but the assistant coaches and offensive and defensive coordinators. They all have a large percent of input in the game.
>>
3) There needs to be a lot more cut scenes up-close of the players, you guys put all of that detail into the uniforms and only get to see them up close every once in a while. Don’t just do cut scenes where they’re running by them self’s all robotic like that’s not really fun to see. Make it so that the players have life and are talking to one another and stuff like that.
>>
4) The sidelines need a lot of work…they, suck…no offense. It’s got to have the works. The water boy, the towel boy, all of those little things (attention to detail). Actually make the players moving around and talking with their coaches and offensive players and stuff like that, with coaches giving play calls, and signals, also when a player throws an interception he should go to the sidelines all pissed sometimes. Players also need to have their helmets off sometimes like in NFL Head Coach 09. A lot more cut-scenes need to be added to the game of the side lines. I think I’ve made my point.
>>
5) Actually make players look like they’re in the huddle listening and calling plays. They usually just stand there hitting their hands waiting for an invitation or something.

6) Next is injuries; they’re too fake. Try putting more life into them, for example, when a player tears an MCL they usually can’t get up and walk back to the sidelines on their own. They usually have to have the medical staff come out and help them off. Also, when a player has a severe concussion they get up and walk off the field. Did you see Anquan Boldin get up and walk off the field after that really big hit to the head? I know I didn’t. That’s where the cart guy comes into play. Injuries need a lot more work. Another thing, On NFL Sunday when I see a player go down I don’t see a little screen pop up and tell us what the injury is. You need to wait like a quarter or a half of quarter to diagnose the injury, but use a cut-scene to a reporter and show her diagnosing the injury, saying something like, “Trainers have informed us that he has a severe concussion and his status is that he will not be returning.” You know something like that. You get the point.
>>
7) The actual grass itself is pretty good, good job with that. One thing you might consider doing though is inserting actual little particles of grass in on the field I understand that it might be hard but on those cut scenes where you’re not looking at the grass from an angle but at a more level view it looks flat and really fake. Another thing with the grass, when a player or linemen come off the line of scrimmage after the ball has been hiked where is the flying grass at? That needs to be added as well. One more thing when a player has his face mask smashed into the ground by a defender I think that maybe sometimes a player needs to come up off of the ground after a tackle and have some grass stuck in the helmet.
>>
8) Ok you handled the Procedural awareness, finally. One thing though that I would like to see in Madden NFL 10 is a lot more of relationships between the players. For example, when Chad Johnson (Ocho Cinco) talking his trash to defenders you should see it in the game. If you see two players that went to college together and are saying stuff like good job, and great hit and stuff like that you should also see that in the game. ONLY ON, on-the-field cut scenes though. Kind of like NFL Network’s Live Wire but during a game.
>>
9) Next I would like to talk about the Halftime show. This is a very important part of football on Sunday. An easy way to put this is watch a game and look at the halftime show. That will help you with most of it, but a quick overview wouldn’t hurt anyone. For example, again, first the NFL Commentator crew talks about the game you are in now and show replays of great plays and stuff like that, then after that they talk about other games that are going on at the same time and they would show highlights also. You get the point.
10) Another good idea is every time you pause the game and you re-enter it a cut scene would appear whether it be a famous part of the city the game is being played at like the golden gate bridge of San Francisco, or a sunny beach, even to the side lines of the coaches and stuff like that. Now I know for the game crazy people out there, they would be like that’s a waste of time. So that is when in settings you put the ability to turn it on or off.
>>
11) The Post game show should be similar to the half time show but with concluding details of the current game and of the other games, don’t forget about replays of all current games that have ended as well. The only difference I might suggest for the Post Game Show is that you give previews of upcoming games as well. (NOTE: Idea categories 9 and 10 with the current games that are going on and stuff should only be applied for Franchise Mode.)
>>
12) Last I would like to talk about the fans, they’re worse than the sidelines; they need to look a lot more realistic. And have quit a few Cut scenes of them, they too are also a very important part of the football feeling, get creative with the fan cut scenes. Like you did in previous Madden games, but with the graphics of today’s Madden.
>>
That pretty much covers it all for the In-Game Mode. Now well discuss player models.
>>
1) Player models are excellent so far. Couple things though; It’s really strange when I see all of the football players running around in the game and stuff but never see any sweat. What up with that. It needs to be added for that real realistic look.
2) This really doesn’t have to do with player models but it’s really close to it. On the revolutionary face masks it seems I don’t know like there a little too far away from the actual helmet, not only with the Rev. ones but with all of them. Bring them in a little bit. And the visors need a little work to look at NCAA 09’s versions and correct yours and you’ll be good to go on that. This Idea category is mainly focusing on accessories, few things, sleeves should have the possibilities of wearing them when it’s only real cold or all of the time, Coach Wrist bands need a little more detailed, not along the lines of looks but how the players interact with them. Like they never look at them when they have them on, isn’t that what they’re for though? Modified neck pads need to be added as well, all of the ones that exist, no excuses. Different types of cleats should be added as well. Hand warmers and side towels need to be added as well, maybe for the side towels you could try using the same engine for the way the hair moves around for the towels when the players are moving and stuff like that, Just an idea.
>>
That’s really all I have to say with that. Next on my list is Franchise Mode.
>>
1) Franchise mode has come a long ways since the beginning of madden. We talked about earlier the Halftime and Post-Game Show Scenes and stuff like that, those I think and I also think many others would agree is a really cool and sleek way of getting John Madden back in the game, not only by sound, but by a 3D visual model of him and the Crew in the Booth.
>>
2) After every concluding week you should be able to watch an ESPN Sports center Weekly Wrap up Presentation of all of the games stats, player stats, and news around the league including injuries and so forth. Like I said before some might think this is a waste of time maybe you could activate this feature by clicking the right stick, that way if you don’t want to watch it you don’t have to.
>>
3) One Thing I think needs a lot of work is the Super bowl, let’s just say that I get more excitement from watching “As The World Turns,” it needs LIFE, just to boring, everything from the beginning of the game to the End Including the Halftime show, now I understand that computing a generated rock band would be difficult but what about some laser show or something to that extent. Also you should put the super bowl patch on the team’s jerseys as well during the super bowl
>>
4) Next I would like to talk about the Pro Bowl. It needs some more excitement, it’s just too ordinary, I mean look at it this way. All of the best players in the league are getting together and playing football I think that’s a little more exciting than just a standard Exhibition game, the players need to be wearing their helmet from their team and have the team that they play for on their sleeve. I just noticed this one, but have you noticed that there isn’t a home uniform, they’re both away uniforms, it makes sense though. You should also include the Pro Bowl Work Outs, like the strongest man, the fastest man, the QB drills, ECT.
>>
5) Next is the off Season, where did training camp go? That needs to be in there as well. I almost forgot Practice mode needs to come back also but you should have the option of having the players wear full pads and uniforms or their practice uniforms, Example, (Helmets, pads t shirt and shorts).
>>
That’s all for franchise mode, now on to create-a-team.
>>
1) This is all I’ve got to say, look at the team creations of All Pro Football 2k8 and use that for some ideas. Like logo specific designs for pants shoulders and helmets, Example, San Diego Chargers Uniforms on the shoulder they have a lightning bolt as a stripe that’s pretty freakin’ cool. Out lines on numbers, name, shoulder stripes, pant stripes, ECT. On the helmet though I notice the Warning paragraph and the United States Flag is crooked. On the Jerseys you should be able to put your team logo on the front above the number or a team name, but should be allowed to choose the colors for it. Not only that but the team name should be able to be located on the back of the standard helmets on that little white thing on the back and the numbers of the players should be on the back of the helmet as well.
>>
2) When you transfer a created team into franchise mode when you choose who the team Captain is that little Captain logo should appear on the shoulder for created teams.
>>
3) I think a cool feature would be the ability to upload your own custom logo for single player mode or online use, kind of like what Nascar 09 did with the whole paint shop thing, because there just isn’t enough logos to choose from, just a thought.
>>
4) For the create-a-stadium, I think you need more options from what to choose from design wise. Like multiple cities and so on and so forth. Being able to choose your own colors and stuff would make more sense too, because I’ve noticed that when I choose my color in the beginning sometimes the colors I’ve chosen have made it so that I can’t see my section name. So I think that needs to be changed as well for that reason.
>>
5) You should also be able to choose your staff and stuff either from ones that are available in the NFL to creating your own.
>>
That wraps that up, last we’ll talk about Player Model Mechanics.
>>
1) The Mechanics of madden NFL have improved greatly over the years but there is one of a few corrections that bug me the most, and that is how the quarter back moves. He moves to robotic like again I’ll say it, take a look at how the QB mechanics for the 2k games work, I’d look at the most recent one, the All Pro Football game. You get that fixed and passing would be a lot more fun. One other thing I’ve noticed about the QB mechanics is that on the shot gun formation he comes out of the snap all robotic like; it needs to be the same drop back as when he’s on the line rather than in the shotgun formation.
>>
2) The transitioning from the huddle onto the line of scrimmage needs to be worked on, I’m pretty confident though that you guys on the Madden team know how to fix and see that without me going into details.
3) The Way that the players run also needs to be changed it’s getting closer but they still look robotic. Just have some guy in a gaming sensor suit thing, I don’t know what they’re called, but anyways have him run for as long as he can and just take the motion from that and use it to transition from celebrations to running to the side lines, you get the point.
>>
We’ve covered a lot of things that personally I think would EA’s market rocket through the roof if you could get this long list in there. That leads me to my next part, Ian. I know all of these features and other details would take up a lot of disc space, so I’ve come up with yet another idea. I don’t know how it works with EA Sports and Xbox, or it will even work, but it’s worth a try and I think madden fans would love it a lot… Here it goes. What about if you took all of these features and stuff and turned them into game add on downloads through Xbox live. That would basically be giving madden fans the ability to create their own custom madden, with features that they would enjoy the most, and don’t worry about the ones who cant afford Xbox live accounts, that’s where you could put all of the discs needed to store all of the new features and details in with the special edition pack of madden that you can install on to the Xbox and Xbox 360, try not to make it to expensive though or else the production output may become less then what you were looking for. Like I said though I don’t if it would work or how but it was worth a shot. Thank you for taking the time to read this very long Blog but I know that if you go by this somewhat it will help you guys even sell more. Couple things I almost forgot, One, for big hits have the helmets pop off every once in a while. I have read a lot of blogs from people that want that back. Second is that with the download thing it could also leave more space on the disc for mechanics and stuff like that.
>>
This might sound kind of out of the loop but please if you have the time please write me over Xbox live… about what you think. My gamer take is BMP21. Just send me a message and I’ll Get Back to you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 05:16 AM   #2
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: MADDEN 10 IDEAS FOR IAN CUMMINGS

Good stuff bro,Now the hard part is getting them to read it and not get bored doing so.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 13

yea I know I tried to keep it short actually my rough draft was 3X that size...lol
Old 03-05-2009, 05:46 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbigmike2121
yea I know I tried to keep it short actually my rough draft was 3X that size...lol
Lol, you should have posted it anyway.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

A) It's probably too late to implement these things into the next version of the game.

B) This is why we have a Wishlist Thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »