Home

Is Madden worth a second look?

This is a discussion on Is Madden worth a second look? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 23
Is Madden worth a second look?

To be honest ive been really let down with sports games this gen. I cant get a ps3 and the show yet which should fix that for at least one game. nba 2k9 was a broken mess, nba live was ok.., not a hockey or soccer fan so those are out although i know they are good. After the abomination that is mlb 2k9 i need a game to tide me over until i can get a ps3. I played madden and i just remember it being ok but it had a ton of ai issues. Am I going to feel the same way or are people enjoying it now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Wink Re: Is Madden worth a second look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kGinGreen
To be honest ive been really let down with sports games this gen. I cant get a ps3 and the show yet which should fix that for at least one game. nba 2k9 was a broken mess, nba live was ok.., not a hockey or soccer fan so those are out although i know they are good. After the abomination that is mlb 2k9 i need a game to tide me over until i can get a ps3. I played madden and i just remember it being ok but it had a ton of ai issues. Am I going to feel the same way or are people enjoying it now?
Madden 09 is pretty good aside from online glitching,Strafe Catching,Bad AI.......personally only play friends from now on and if you want an Idea start a league and make rules it should be fun
Old 03-07-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Is Madden worth a second look?

My advice would be to rent it for a weekend.

Although thats really not enough time to make a true judgment, but it'll at least give you sometime, to know if you think it's worth buying.

The one great thing about Madden '09' is...it's a great sedative.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Is Madden worth a second look?

i bought a ps3 just for the show... and i personally love nba 2k9... Madden has it's issues... but i guess it's way better than the previous few versions of it? haha but still NBA and Madden aren't up to the expectations i thought originally for "Next Gen" games... but i guess i've come to terms with that and the MAIN reason why Madden isnt fun to play is because of the total lack of immersion... with bad presentation and you never get the feeling of it being an actual NFL game... and for some reason they went with some "virtual" atmosphere for Madden 09 which i totally dont get.... i would much rather have highlights of your favorite team playing during the menus or something that would get you pumped up to play the game... i always want to play madden but once i put it in and get to the main menu i totally lose that feeling... and it makes me want to just take it out and play a different game...

But anyways enough of that rant... It's not so bad if you kind of "Pretend" you are in an NFL atmosphere in your mind... create storylines in your head and whatnot..

The next gen sports games are in my opinion just now approaching the realistic experiences we have all been waiting for... i'm confident they will only get better...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »