Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Creating 'Sim-Style' Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Creating 'Sim-Style' Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 10 blog 3/9/09 - 'Sim Style' Gameplay

To break them down point by point:

• Removal of arbitrary animation speed alterations; solve bugs the 'right' way
  • All new QB drop animations
I never realised how 'funky' the old animations were until I just saw them side by side with the new (and much more realistic) ones. Good job getting these done. All the little things really add up.

• Lowered pass speeds globally, fixed "moon ball" trajectory
These are very good, particularly the second one as now just tapping a button to touch-pass the ball won't send it so high it comes back with snow on it!

However, I have a slight concern that slower passes without lowering the reaction time of DBs and LBs may lead to more interceptions but I'm sure you've done something with that but can't tell us yet.

• Lowered global game speed + added game speed slider
  • New slider for "speed difference" to squish or expand the range of speeds among all players; used the ratings ranges for player speeds
Sliders are so important and putting these two in is huge for me. I've long said (not just about Madden): I bought the game, let me play it how I want to play it. Sliders have such a huge impact on this and the more the merrier (as evidenced in MLB The Show).

I also appreciate the transparency of showing the numbers breakdown, rather than making us all guess what the difference between various levels is.

All in all, great job on both implementing these things and letting us know about them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 26

I can see the QB move his legs during his drop back now lol good stuff. I like the scale setup of how players will run with set speed but I have a question.

Did you do these test 40 yard runs with the same accerlation? Reason being is if you had a player with 0 acc. and 99 speed running a 4.21 that would be very unreal. That being said if you have player A with 99 speed but 80 acc he should not be able to keep up with player B who has 94 speed and 99 acc.(maybe after 10-15 yards player A starts to catch back up) I wouldnt know what the times would be but you get the picture right?

An answer would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

http://www.nfl.com/combine/videos/nf...000d5d80eea0dc

check out after 2 mins
Old 03-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #28
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Great post, loving the idea of slowing down the game a bit. I'm pumped for Madden year. I actually find myself thinking about it when i'm at work with nothing to do
Old 03-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

I would like to know 2 things - what is the 'default' difficulty and also what are the differences between difficulty levels?
Old 03-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1976

Rich Eisen's official ACC Rating is now 20. (He's running in a suit, give him a break lol)
Old 03-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #31
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Ian and co.; you guys are doing a great job, not only with working on the game, but in sharing the details of your work here on OS. Very much appreciated.

Very excited to see the finished product; I may have to go back to my 360 this year for football as I've been running 09 on PS2 and having fun.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #32
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1976
I would like to know 2 things - what is the 'default' difficulty and also what are the differences between difficulty levels?
Default is All Pro, I believe. Might be Pro. All Pro is the generally accepted "norm".

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »