Home

EA PLEASE give us more camera angles!!!

This is a discussion on EA PLEASE give us more camera angles!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
EA PLEASE give us more camera angles!!!

Presenting us with one camera angle is crazy. Every sports title on the market has a plethora of camera angles to choose from and most of them also present you with a "custom" camera angle that the user can set to their liking.

Forcing us to use the "Action Cam" or the "Classic Cam" is ridiculous. This is like telling gamers that you think this is the best way to play the game and that's the end of it.

Options are good! We like options, so please, present us with options when it comes to camera angles.

I've always used Madden Long when playing the CG game and was completely shocked to find that I was forced to chose between two camera angles in the NG game that put me way too close to the action for my liking.

Call my gripe petty if you want, but I can assure you that I will NOT be buying Madden 10 if I don't have the ability to zoom out the default camera angle or choose an angle that resembles the "madden long" style.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: EA PLEASE give us more camera angles!!!

While I agree we should have multiple options, I always played around with 2k5 angles (side view was fun), it won't be an end all for me.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
While I agree we should have multiple options, I always played around with 2k5 angles (side view was fun), it won't be an end all for me.
Just give me a custom cam that I can setup myself. In a 3d game this shouldn't be an issue.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 15

Yep, custom cam is where it's at. I'm sure that this will be implemented this year.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

It would be nice to have multiple angles, but not a game killer for me.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Presenting us with one camera angle is crazy. Every sports title on the market has a plethora of camera angles to choose from and most of them also present you with a "custom" camera angle that the user can set to their liking.

Forcing us to use the "Action Cam" or the "Classic Cam" is ridiculous. This is like telling gamers that you think this is the best way to play the game and that's the end of it.

Options are good! We like options, so please, present us with options when it comes to camera angles.

I've always used Madden Long when playing the CG game and was completely shocked to find that I was forced to chose between two camera angles in the NG game that put me way too close to the action for my liking.

Call my gripe petty if you want, but I can assure you that I will NOT be buying Madden 10 if I don't have the ability to zoom out the default camera angle or choose an angle that resembles the "madden long" style.
Capnkill, you make several good points in your posts, I played Madden on NG for the first time this year, after 2 weeks I went back to CG, it seems the last Dev's were looking to take the fun factor out of the game, why fix something that is not broken, and then proceed to break it, just improve it, I belive Ian and crew are doing just that, makeing it fun to play again.
" Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs to take talking lessons. The man needs to take fighting lessons. And since he's fighting me, he needs falling lessons."

Muhammad Ali...
Old 03-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
It would be nice to have multiple angles, but not a game killer for me.
My two main issues with the cam we have now is that I can't see the flats right off the bat, and when playing D its just too low to the ground for me to see routes develop and such. It's much more entertaining for me to play D if I'm zoomed out and I can see everything develop at once. I don't want it to be a game killer for me, but unfortunately it is
Old 03-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
My two main issues with the cam we have now is that I can't see the flats right off the bat, and when playing D its just too low to the ground for me to see routes develop and such. It's much more entertaining for me to play D if I'm zoomed out and I can see everything develop at once. I don't want it to be a game killer for me, but unfortunately it is
Do you have a standard T.V.? I have a 37"HDTV and I can see the entire field at the snap of the ball (including both outside receivers).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »